Not applicable

Re: GE Visa Signature

Congrats on your GE approval! Nice SL as well Smiley Happy

tenor.gif

Message 11 of 31
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Havn't really seen GE CU, are they more location based or all over?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 12 of 31
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats on the approval! Havn't really seen GE CU, are they more location based or all over?

GE is location based

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do a little banking with them and have a VISA...my office is about 3 miles from their big branch in Evendale OH near the GE jet engine plant so they're really close to me physically.  Nice people, they have a free coin-counting machine in the lobby.  Their website is a  little clunky, just got a piece of mail from them the other day that they are changing CC servicers and we should expect new cards with new numbers and a YELLOW BORDER/EDGE to differentiate from the old ones.  

Congrats on the approvals!!!

It belatedly occurred to me that there is a General Electric Credit Union in Cincinnati, commonly called GE Credit Union  AND another entity called GE Credit Union...perhaps we are talking about two different companies.

Message 14 of 31
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 15 of 31
12njoy
Super Contributor

APR for credit card is 12.49% which is their lowest for the signature version. Also approved for 25k personal loan @11% for 60 months.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 16 of 31
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:
@APR for credit card is 12.49% which is their lowest for the signature version. Also approved for 25k personal loan @Anonymous% for 60 months.

@12njoy wrote:
@APR for credit card is 12.49% which is their lowest for the signature version. Also approved for 25k personal loan @Anonymous% for 60 months.

So happy for you congrats Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 31
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Glad that GE in your area has a decent CU.. the CU thats "GE" affiliated in MA is absolutely awful

Ever hear of River Works CU?

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/river-works-credit-union.html

-J

Message 18 of 31
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats on another victory 12. I checked out their list of eligible employers to be able to join and it turns out if I lived in Lynchburg, Va. (a few hours away from where I live) I could join--but unfortuneately I don't. So for the time being I'll read about this one from the sidelines-LOL.

'

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 19 of 31
12njoy
Super Contributor

Update:  I was told that my credit score is in Tier 1 so I received their best rate.  I originally called to see if I could switch from the Visa Signature to the Visa Classic since that card has a lower APR of 9.24%.  I was told that it's possible but they would have to hold the Visa Signature.  I then asked if there was a limit to the number of cards.  The rep said there is no limit to number of cards but there is a $50,000 unsecured credit limit per member.  Since I have the 25k loan and 15k Visa signature, I submitted another application for the Visa Classic for 10k.  This one wasn't instantly approved, but I got a call back about 2 hours later saying that it was approved. 

FYI,

The credit pull is good for 60 days.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.