cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GF Applied for Capital One QuickSilver but......

tag
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

GF Applied for Capital One QuickSilver but......

So my girlfriend just applied for a Capital One QuickSilver card online.....Her credit is impeccable with a score ranging between 805-820 across all three CRA's. She has a Chase Slate card (14 year old account) at a CL of $22,000 with 6% utilization, Discover card at a CL of $25,000 showing 0 balance, mortgage almost paid off (later this year) a vehicle with one year left to pay off....NEVER late on anything! Makes $82,000 year.....However, when she applied online for the QS just now, it gave her the 7-10 day notice. Anybody ever experienced this with Cap 1? I can't imagine she had been declined!!!! WTH?!?!!!

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: GF Applied for Capital One QuickSilver but......

Has she tried to call capital one? Maybe she just needs to verify her ID or she hit a wrong number with her SSN

Message 2 of 20
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Wow so sorry! She definitely has to contact the executive office if denied Cap1 continues to amaze me in their thinking process.  I am on my tablet or I would PM the email or number hopefully someone will  soon.

Good Luck to her!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 20
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

Has she tried to call capital one? Maybe she just needs to verify her ID or she hit a wrong number with her SSN

No. I'm afraid she'll get the 'foreign' customer service line on Sunday (in my experience they are useless). She said she will wait until tomorrow to call.

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Message 4 of 20
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Wow so sorry! She definitely has to contact the executive office if denied Cap1 continues to amaze me in their thinking process.  I am on my tablet or I would PM the email or number hopefully someone will  soon.

Good Luck to her!

Odd thing is that I talked her into applying for it. I got approved for the Quicksilver last month with one baddie (less than a year old) and scores ranging in the mid 600's for TU and EQ and a fako of low 700's for EX. When I applied for the QS I had only had one Cap 1 secured card for only 6 months at the time (Clearly rebuilding my credit). This is baffling me!! I don't get it!

Now in the garden...
Message 5 of 20
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

You're overthinking this, and if you're worried about oversea call centers you're going to have a tough time with a lot of creditors. There isn't anything to worry about until you call. 

Message 6 of 20
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

You're overthinking this, and if you're worried about oversea call centers you're going to have a tough time with a lot of creditors. There isn't anything to worry about until you call. 

Yep, I'm sure it's just some kind of verification deal. I would be shocked if it outright denied her. If so, I'd like to know the reason she was denied, so I could LMAO and call them crazy! Her credit is impeccable with any derogs at all.....Not even one late payment ever! Not one!! She's extremely smart about how she goes about her finances, in fact, she is a finance person by trade at ExxonMobil (drilling U.S. division) for 21 years. I can't wait to hear their explanation if she was denied!

Now in the garden...
Message 7 of 20
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

+1 This is nothing to worry about. Just wait till tomorrow then. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 8 of 20
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

+1.  This is probably a verification issue.  Maybe they had a hard time believing someone with her scores was applying for a Cap One card....hehehe. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 20
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

+1.  This is probably a verification issue.  Maybe they had a hard time believing someone with her scores was applying for a Cap One card....hehehe. 

LOL!!! I LMAO when I read this! LOL. The QS actually fits her needs on cash back. She doesn't like the other cards that have categories to sign up for, etc....She has a discover  like that. That's why she has a 0 balance on it. Lol

Now in the garden...
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.