Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTE Platinum Visa Approved!

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

GTE Platinum Visa Approved!

I joined GTE a few years ago and at the time they wouldn't approve a credit card saying I had sufficient available credit. I decided to apply the other day and after it went pending over the weekend it said approved this morning. SL is only $1k but they're pretty conservative. Almost as low as my Target card! Not sure what APR yet. They also need proof of income.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: GTE Platinum Visa Approved!

congrats! Who is GTE?

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

GTE is another CU. they're based out of Florida:

https://www.gtefinancial.org/mobile
Message 4 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats on all your sucess stories B! 

Message 5 of 17
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I joined GTE a few years ago and at the time they wouldn't approve a credit card saying I had sufficient available credit. I decided to apply the other day and after it went pending over the weekend it said approved this morning. SL is only $1k but they're pretty conservative. Almost as low as my Target card! Not sure what APR yet. They also need proof of income.

GTE has a branch about 3 miles from my house here in Fl,Proof of income for a $1000.00 credit card?,I had to send proof of income to NFCU and to Penfed a few years back,But it was for 50K and 25K credit cards, For a 1K card I would not waste my time,But thats just me,I'll send proof of income if I was getting a big credit limit,Have you tried Grow Financial Credit Union?( they are based out of tampa), I have membership as well as 3 credit cards with them ,They are very nice to deal with and are not Inq or new account senstive they are EQ pullers

Message 6 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the information sandman. POI for $1k seems ridiculous, but I haven't decided if I will send my pay stub or not. I need to call and ask about APR. I'll look into Grow as well.
Message 7 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

wow...congrats on all your success lately B!! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Proof of income for $1k! YOU CAN KEEP IT!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.