cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening is Boring...Needed some Ollo Rewards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gardening is Boring...Needed some Ollo Rewards!

A month ago, CK, said I had "very good approval odds" for the invite only Ollo Platinum Mastercard. I ignored it, consistently, given that my Disco was potentially about to graduate; and I wanted nothing to disturb that process. 😃 Not to mention that I'm trending into good territory for something AMEX very soon.

Yesterday, in comes a random email from CK. It reads as follows:

"You are pre-approved at 90% odds2 for the Ollo Rewards Mastercard®. Nice!

This card could help you get the credit you need, and it has no annual fee1. Apply now and get a decision in as little as 60 seconds."

"R" Word and 90% approval odds in the same sentence. I hit the link and it takes me in for the Ollo Rewards Mastercard. 2% Unlimited Cashback. Gas, Grocery, and Drugstore. 1% Everything else. I live in Los Angeles. Any breaks on fuel are welcomed ones. Instant approval....$1,500 SL! It appears that they pulled EX and TU.

I have read mixed reviews about this card. The few that exists. But I've never been one to completely rely on reviews. So, happy to give them a shot and see where this goes! CreditOne has served its purpose for me, and I will not be renewing our relationship lol..Ollo's timing is perfect and it will cost me nothing 😆

Okay, back to the garden..until it's time to go talk to AMEX about that Delta Gold! Hoping my EX scores keep trending in that direction! Should be there soon.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Gardening is Boring...Needed some Ollo Rewards!

HOLLA!! ER,I mean Ollo!😀
Message 2 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 6
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Though relying on Credit Karmas advice on any card for approval odds is a rookie mistake.. Glad it turned in your favor but I would not trust it for any preapproval information. CK=Marketing ... 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your sound advice.

Rest assured, I've tucked it away in a very safe place.
Message 5 of 6
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Credit Karma's sole purpose for existing is to market credit cards. They use Vantage Scores and fuzzy feel good wording as click bate. Just don't be taken in by their marketing gimmicks and stick with the facts they provide which is your credit report. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.