cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave Discover some love, Discover gave some back!

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Gave Discover some love, Discover gave some back!

@wingennis wrote:

Wow!  I haven't seen that kind of action out of Discovery in a long time.  Congratulations🥳

I honestly was thinking maybe they'd throw another $500 or $1000 at me if anything (I've received plenty of "Insufficient use of current credit line" denials.

I was pleasantly shocked!

Message 11 of 23
manbuckets
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

Current Cards/Loans:
Future Cards:
Message 12 of 23
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your generous Discover CLI!

Message 13 of 23
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

I hadn't used Discover for much beyond the 5% categories for quite a while. I put a $5300 work expense on it on 4/30 (Hoping the CLD fairy wouldn't come and visit due to not using the line.) Statement cut on the 2nd and reported. Reimbusement check in the bank yesterday, PIF Disco today. After doing the payment, I just thought I'd give the love button a try cause... Why not? i haven't touched it in at least a year.

TU08 - 785, 2 scoreable INQ's

disco cli 050721.png

You're awesome- congrats!  Discover stopped giving me luv when I stopped using their card Smiley Very Happy

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 14 of 23
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Discover came through for you nicely.

Congrats on a sweet CLI!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 15 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, that is one of the largest CLIs I have seen on these boards, grats on it Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 23
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Nice work! Congratulations on the CLI! 

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Discover won't budge for me. Guess I need to run some money through them... Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 23
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Message 19 of 23
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@cmm89 wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

I hadn't used Discover for much beyond the 5% categories for quite a while. I put a $5300 work expense on it on 4/30 (Hoping the CLD fairy wouldn't come and visit due to not using the line.) Statement cut on the 2nd and reported. Reimbusement check in the bank yesterday, PIF Disco today. After doing the payment, I just thought I'd give the love button a try cause... Why not? i haven't touched it in at least a year.

TU08 - 785, 2 scoreable INQ's

disco cli 050721.png

You're awesome- congrats!  Discover stopped giving me luv when I stopped using their card Smiley Very Happy

LOL! If there's one thing I've learned about Discover, there's no "one way" love affairs. They want to make some swipe fee's if they're going to ante up on a credit line. Capital One seems to be the same way, as I put similar charges through my Savor MC and gained a $3K auto CLI a few months back.

Discover gave me lots of CLI's during my first year or so (SL was $5500) and quickly shot up from there, but slowed way down once I slowed down on the spend (roughly about the time I passed my cash back match period and took them out of the daily driver wallet position). Even with the little $500 CLI's and outright CLI declines I've had over the last 5 years with the card, I can't say that Discover hasn't been generous with me for what they've seen spend-wise.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.