Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generous Citi !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generous Citi !

Got my first Citi card 3 months ago - it was a DC with $4,300 limit. Yesterday the 3rd month statement cut and today I tried CLI. Was advised it'd be SP and against my hope, was given a $1300 increase !

Got a snail mailer (with 0% BT 15 months) for TYP and app'ed last month. Got an initial $3800 limit. 

Now I'm getting snailers for Costco card and Diamond preferred...not sure if this is a targeted campaign or I'm just lucky...

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Generous Citi !

Niiiice! Congrats!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not lucky you've earned it.  Congrats on your hard work.

Message 3 of 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Sounds like Citi has you on the hook now with these mailers!!!!!   Don't take the bait unless you really need them.  As much as I don't like big banks you might want to pester BOA / Chase a little bit to get some diversification in your portfolio or pick on AMEX a little bit and pick up an additional card there.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Sounds like Citi has you on the hook now with these mailers!!!!!   Don't take the bait unless you really need them.  As much as I don't like big banks you might want to pester BOA / Chase a little bit to get some diversification in your portfolio or pick on AMEX a little bit and pick up an additional card there.

Thanks for the tip. Something similar was my thinking. For some reason, Chase doesn't like me and they rejected two of my United and one Marriott apps. Amex has been good. Will go for an addl card with Amex in 3 months from now (4 inquiries falling off my report in Dec).

Message 5 of 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Luckily AMEX is a SP if you get denied but, for optimal chances on a higher starting point get that EX up into the mid 7's and you will be closer to a $10K approval Smiley Happy  Keep hitting the button often with Discover too.  

Chase is an oddball but, now you know to write them off and expand your horizons with some others.  While you're at it give CS a call for your Synch cards 877-379-8173 ask for the world and they will counter with your best offer.  Seems that 25K shouldn't prompt additional documents for approval either.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sucks Chase won't give you United.. I think it's a great card. Congrats on the Citi Approvals though!
Message 7 of 14
jrmalvarez
Valued Member

For the life of me I can't get a cli increase on my Citi. I even have a soft pull offer Smiley Sad congrats to you tho!!!!
EXP: 806 - EQ: 775 - TU: 796
AMEX BCP: 21k CL Chase Sapphire Reserve: 20.7k CL Citi DC: 16k CL
Discover IT: 15k CL Chase Auto Loan 47k 72M @ 9.99, iKea Projekt 8.8k, Target Red Card 2k, Amazon Store 10k
Message 8 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and CLI. But remember ...slow and steady growth will bring you further.  By this I mean do not apply too often and safe some cards for next year Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice dc limitSmiley Happy. I always enjoy seeing those who get the sp language early. Even better when they actually give it to you. For the ones who do have the sp language and dont get it, dang Smiley Sad . Sorry Some excellent advice hereSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.