Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ready for mini spree - Update: Approved

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Getting ready for mini spree - Update: Approved

I plan on going on a mini spree in March.  I am looking for a Discover for the 5% cash back rotating catagories, and a Citi Double CB.  Provided I get at least one of those I plan to ask Cap One to combine my cards onto the QS1 and get my deposit back from the secured.  I would like to PC the QS1 to a QS and avoid the annual fee.   The annual fee won't come up until July so should I wait on the PC or ask for now?

As far as my mini spree goes is it best to do the apps the same day?

Current EX Fico 8 699 

Current Baddies - 3 120day lates, 1 30 day late

Current Good - Cap One Platninum 500CL (secured), QS1 3300 CL, State Farm Car Loan, AU on Sync Lowes 8400 CL.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approvals; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: Getting ready for mini spree.

I don't think there is any harm in asking to PC to QS right now. I did it last month and my AF on my QS1 wasn't due until June but I figured why not.

Message 2 of 22
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I do not think you can call 2 card application as a spree, even a mini one.  Just a double applications.

Message 3 of 22
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Use Discover prequal and grab it on a SP. Then app for Citi card.

Message 4 of 22
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

wrote:

I do not think you can call 2 card application as a spree, even a mini one.  Just a double applications.

When you are as conservitive as I am anything more than 1 every six months is a spree. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I plan on going on a mini spree in March.  I am looking for a Discover for the 5% cash back rotating catagories, and a Citi Double CB.  Provided I get at least one of those I plan to ask Cap One to combine my cards onto the QS1 and get my deposit back from the secured.  I would like to PC the QS1 to a QS and avoid the annual fee.   The annual fee won't come up until July so should I wait on the PC or ask for now?

As far as my mini spree goes is it best to do the apps the same day?

Current EX Fico 8 699 

Current Baddies - 3 120day lates, 1 30 day late

Current Good - Cap One Platninum 500CL (secured), QS1 3300 CL, State Farm Car Loan, AU on Sync Lowes 8400 CL.

How long ago are the lates?

Message 6 of 22
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

When you are as conservitive as I am anything more than 1 every six months is a spree. 

Good luck with your spreeing.

If one card application every 6 months is a spree, then 100% of us here are spreeing.  We can still stay within 5/24 after all the spreeing. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 22
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Ask for a PC on the QS1 now. If an offer isn't available, ask again in a month. Rinse and repeat every month until you're successful. It may take some patience as QS1s aren't easy to PC. Also, use the card for a transaction or two (or more) each month, and make a payment each month. I was able to PC my two QS1s after about 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage. I can't guarantee that there was a connection, but using the card is a safer tack than not using it.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your not going to get in with Citi with three 120 day lates.
Message 9 of 22
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

They are 3 consecutive that will drop off my report in September.

I know Citi is tough by I did get a pre-qual offer so I might as well give it a shot.

As for the pc. I have had the QS1 for 6 months and they gave me an auto CLI OF 3K this month.
FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.