Did you mean: 

Getting the run around with capital one-UPDATE

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting the run around with capital one

@notfancy wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Im trying not to be negative and I have only really dealt with two other credit card companies call centers or back door numbers but cap one is by far the worst ever. I sent an email to the EO last week about being denied for my cap one quicksliver card.  Some lady called me last wed but I was at work I called her back on my lunch break she was not there so I left a message. She didn't try to contact me for the rest of the week till today.  Anyways I also contacted them thru facebook last Tuesday because I have heard of several people have success with that so I said what the heck I have nothing to lose. Here is part of my chat log from facebook with capital one from last wed 12/18 : 

• hey I am just wondering if you have heard anything yet? 

• Capital One

Hi, Brett! We're working with a special group to attempt an override of the application. We'll be back in touch soon. ^KT

Anyways I get a call back today from the EO and I asked the lady what is going on with my app review. She said well there has been no review sent yet only we (EO) can send in the application for review. Im like what the heck they said last week they sent it in. And the lady was very rude to me and basically said told me that they don't do that thru facebook. If it wasn't for me already getting a hard pull on my report I would have just said forget. But at this point I might as well try to get the card. Oh and I asked the lady if there would be another hp on my credit she said no because it is within 30 days sense the last time they pulled. Im like can I have that in writing she said they don't do that but that this call is being recorded. I wouldn't be shocked at all by the end of the week if another hp shows up on my report from cap one. What a horrible company. 

It's funny, because I went through something sort of similar. I had a lot of good success with my current account, but I also was turned down for one that I applied for about a month ago. I spoke with the EO office (definitely was the EO office too) and I was assured there would be no hard pull... yet I got an alert that they DID do a hard pull. I haven't talked to them about it yet, but I will when ever he calls me back. (I'm surprised they haven't called back yet, actually, as they gave me a partial CLI that I asked for on my current account)

great with my luck I will end up with like 5 hard pulls. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 11 of 34
notfancy
Valued Contributor

lol nah.. I think it might have been that they didn't get to my request for reconsideration until now and when I called in I was about a week inside the 30 day mark from when I applied. I just hope it doesn't end up being for nothing, though it probably will as I have a rather disgusting amount of new apps/cards, and inquiries.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 12 of 34
H4LO
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I have no problem with how long its taking its the fact that I was lied to by capital one facebook. If someone told you they could do something and it turns out that they cant how would you feel?  At the time I talked to cap one facebook I thought they were the same as the EO so I was wrong about that.I am trying to recon for for the 39 AF qs not that one no anuall fee. I am going to let the EO do there thing now. I am sorry I was just venting. 

I've been lied to by countless Customer Service Reps. That's essentially what their social media team is comprised of. When I asked them about the EO via Twitter. They responded with a dumb founded response. EO took care of me. EO takes care of a lot of people on here. This is why you go straight to them vs some lowly CS rep that can't. 

The EO even took care of my girlfriend. Missed a call. She called back and the lady took a message. She didn't hear back for a week. EO took care of her and sent her a card.

It just takes time. They will take care of you if you're good about it. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 13 of 34
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I have no problem with how long its taking its the fact that I was lied to by capital one facebook. If someone told you they could do something and it turns out that they cant how would you feel?  At the time I talked to cap one facebook I thought they were the same as the EO so I was wrong about that.I am trying to recon for for the 39 AF qs not that one no anuall fee. I am going to let the EO do there thing now. I am sorry I was just venting. 

I've been lied to by countless Customer Service Reps. That's essentially what their social media team is comprised of. When I asked them about the EO via Twitter. They responded with a dumb founded response. EO took care of me. EO takes care of a lot of people on here. This is why you go straight to them vs some lowly CS rep that can't. 

The EO even took care of my girlfriend. Missed a call. She called back and the lady took a message. She didn't hear back for a week. EO took care of her and sent her a card.

I wish with the eo they could email its hard cause I work mon-fri 9-5 the same hours as the eo is open. Thats why I went to facebook but I will never do that again.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Message 14 of 34
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Actually I discovered that they have west coast hours as well, and that they have people in the EO office until 11pm eastern time. You just might need to ask for a person on that time zone.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 15 of 34
H4LO
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@H4LO wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I wish with the eo they could email its hard cause I work mon-fri 9-5 the same hours as the eo is open. Thats why I went to facebook but I will never do that again.

My girlfirend told them that between classes and having spotty coverage she might not be able to get the call. The lady asked for permission to leave personal data on a VM. She said yes. So when she missed a call and had a voicemail. It was the EO saying that she was approved and that she should expect her card in the mail.

So this is something you might want to mention to them.

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 16 of 34
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Maybe its

f. Someone 40 million credit and debit card users information has been compromised via target and they really want to get this fixed

Message 17 of 34
jeffg330
Regular Contributor

Hang in there OP.  I doubt they'll approve you for QS , but I think you have decent shot for QS1 with annual fee waved.  Then 6 months down the road you can try PC to QS

Post results when you (finally) hear from them. 

Starting Score: EQ 609 EX 570 TU 656 March 2012 CH 7 BK 12/08
Current Score: EQ 691 EX 694 TU 713
Goal Score: all 3 700's.
Quicksilver $5000 Discover IT $1500 Barclays NFL $1250 Walmart $1500 CL Applied Bank $300 (secured)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

In the Garden till 12/14
Message 18 of 34
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@jeffg330 wrote:

Hang in there OP.  I doubt they'll approve you for QS , but I think you have decent shot for QS1 with annual fee waved.  Then 6 months down the road you can try PC to QS

Thank you! Honestly the fee does not matter to me at all a year ago today i probably couldnt get approved for a secured card let alone an unsercured card. Seeing people getting approved for the qs with anual fee with scores in the high 500s and low 600s has been the most frustating part for me so far. No matter what though when I do hear back from them I will get a 1k dollar pay day getting the approval would be icing on the cake

Message 19 of 34
linux007969
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@jeffg330 wrote:

Thank you! Honestly the fee does not matter to me at all a year ago today i probably couldnt get approved for a secured card let alone an unsercured card. Seeing people getting approved for the qs with anual fee with scores in the high 500s and low 600s has been the most frustating part for me so far. No matter what though when I do hear back from them I will get a 1k dollar pay day getting the approval would be icing on the cake

The last time i talked to my EO rep i mentioned how the facebook team was able to add cash back and he told me that was someone from his office, so i wonder if they work in the same building or have more direct contact than the regular customer service.

Oh and one of the other posts saying that the EO reps are in till 11pm eastern time, well i'm on the east coast and their office is open till like 8pm here so unless you have a direct number for your reps i don't see anyone getting to them past 8pm eastern, unless maybe they all don't work together in the same office building.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.