Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the run around with capital one-UPDATE

tag
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

Re: Getting the run around with capital one

@FinStar wrote:

Just let the EO process take its course.  An item to consider, reduced staff levels or high volume of requests during this time of year may delay things further.  What's the big hurry?  Most apps normally get processed within 7-10 business days (especially since you're asking Capital One to reconsider their original decision).  I'm sure it will be eventually reviewed by an analyst and you'll hear something as soon as it's finalized. Smiley Wink   You're dealing with Capital One.  IME, I've never had any issues with them.

+10 internets for using a Lucille Bluth gif. You sir, deserve a hi-five. Smiley Tongue

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 21 of 34
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Well I got a call back from the eo today....The girl left a message and said we were ABLE TO APPROVE YOUR REQUEST!!!!!! I got my quicksliver card what a way to fininsh out the year. I called back just to make sure I was not dreaming and the girl who called me wasnt there but the other girl was able to tell me that I was approved but she did not have any terms on the credit limit she said I will get my card in 7-10 days. I also asked the other girl to close my secured card which she did and told me to call this other number on tuesday and they would send me my secured funds faster. So i went three for three on my app spree I was also approved for barclaycard rewards and paypal smart connect. I also found out this week that my hard pull from general revune corp was removed from my report they pulled me back in oct of 2012 when my student loan was defulated. So I will finish the year with 9 hard pulls on tu and I am ready to garden for a year.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 22 of 34
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 23 of 34
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Approval. But next time just give it more time as the users here said Cat Very Happy

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 24 of 34
Boragard
Established Contributor

congrats, i'm glad you got approved.  you really wanted that QS.

Message 25 of 34
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Well I got a call back from the eo today....The girl left a message and said we were ABLE TO APPROVE YOUR REQUEST!!!!!! I got my quicksliver card what a way to fininsh out the year. I called back just to make sure I was not dreaming and the girl who called me wasnt there but the other girl was able to tell me that I was approved but she did not have any terms on the credit limit she said I will get my card in 7-10 days. I also asked the other girl to close my secured card which she did and told me to call this other number on tuesday and they would send me my secured funds faster. So i went three for three on my app spree I was also approved for barclaycard rewards and paypal smart connect. I also found out this week that my hard pull from general revune corp was removed from my report they pulled me back in oct of 2012 when my student loan was defulated. So I will finish the year with 9 hard pulls on tu and I am ready to garden for a year.

Congrats!  Enjoy your Cap1 QS.... I love mine and also have no complaints at all for Cap1 service Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 34
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone! On March 1st 2013 I started my credit journey with not one positive account  3 neg accounts and 5k past due in a student loan. Today I have no student loan debt and 4 unsecured credit cards plus a boa secured that is due to unsecure sometime early next year. I just want to thank everyone here for all your help! 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Message 27 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to your successful run Smiley Happy

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Message 28 of 34
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Well just as an update I got an email from capital one saying they are sending me out my card in 7 business days. The email had the last 4 of the card number so I called the main number to see what my credit limit is because  the person at the eo office did not know at the time. I called the number and it said my avaible credit is $1500. I was in shock when I heard this. I had to call back to double check lol. I thought my limit was just gonna be $300 or the same amount they unsecured on my secured card. This is my first true 4 digit limit. 

Message 29 of 34
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Well just as an update I got an email from capital one saying they are sending me out my card in 7 business days. The email had the last 4 of the card number so I called the main number to see what my credit limit is because  the person at the eo office did not know at the time. I called the number and it said my avaible credit is $1500. I was in shock when I heard this. I had to call back to double check lol. I thought my limit was just gonna be $300 or the same amount they unsecured on my secured card. This is my first true 4 digit limit. 

Congrats on the card once again man. Persistence is key!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.