Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gettington Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gettington Approval

Hey, guys! Smiley Happy

I am re-building my credit and decided to apply for a retail card for postive payment history. 

I tried my luck with Gettington (Webbank) -- since I had had an active account with Webbank already -- and was approved with a $300 SL.

Data points: Webbank pulled EX, which had 24 inquries. My scores -- and additional details about credit profile -- are in my signature below. Smiley Wink

Thanks for reading! Smiley TongueApproval Pic.jpg

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Gettington Approval

Congrats on the approval!  It is so nice to have someone finally say "Yes" after so many denials.  You have 24 inquires which is considereed extremely excessive, and I would guess most were denials.  How many of those inquiries were within the last 12 months?  The last 6 months?  I respectfully suggest you take a long time out from seeking new credit and "garden" for at least another year.  Doing that you will see a much better chance of being approved for mainline CC's and much higher limits.  I see that you have already reccognized that and want to refrain until May, 2020.  That is very sensible.

We ought to put this on the main myFico page as our motto but "Credit Rebuild is a Marathon, Not a Sprint."  Truer words were never spoken.  The faster you try to go the further behind you get.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:

Congrats on the approval!  It is so nice to have someone finally say "Yes" after so many denials.  You have 24 inquires which is considereed extremely excessive, and I would guess most were denials.  How many of those inquiries were within the last 12 months?  The last 6 months?  I respectfully suggest you take a long time out from seeking new credit and "garden" for at least another year.  Doing that you will see a much better chance of being approved for mainline CC's and much higher limits.

We ought to put this on the main myFico page as our motto but "Credit Rebuild is a Marathon, Not a Sprint."  Truer words were never spoken.  The faster you try to go the further behind you get.

Thanks for reply, rebently! Smiley Happy

20 of the 24 inquiries are over a year old.

I always preach to my fellow re-builders that Credit is a marathon -- not a sprint -- because it is absolutely true! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
rbentley
Established Contributor

Have you attempted to deal with your 7 charge-offs?  They are a serious drain on your scores.  Are they paid? If not, is PFD an option? Can they be legitimately disputed?  If not, have you tried GW requests?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:

Have you attempted to deal with your 7 charge-offs?  They are a serious drain on your scores.  Are they paid? In not is PFD an option? Can they be legitimately disputed?  If not, have you tried GW requests?

They are all in a debt-settlement company. I started with 9 charge-offs -- I have 7 outstanding charge-offs as we speak. PFD is not an option because I am unable to PIF. One of the 7 accounts will be settled through a 12-month settlement agreement. Personally,  I am in no rush -- I am not planning on moving or buying a house any time soon. I just want to jump-start my re-build so that when my charge-offs are settled, I will hopefully be in mid 600s. I plan on starting the GW campaign after all the 7 accounts are settled.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Give it some time to let the INQs fall off and to let your account age a bit. You're doing great so far!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, guys! Smiley Happy

I am re-building my credit and decided to apply for a retail card for postive payment history. 

I tried my luck with Gettington (Webbank) -- since I had had an active account with Webbank already -- and was approved with a $300 SL.

Data points: Webbank pull EX, which had 24 inquries. My scores and additional details about credit profile is my signature below. Smiley Wink

Big congrats KidSmiley Happy. This is essentially a Fingerhut type program so use it wisely. I've been there before where I needed to start off with Fingerhut, no shame in that game. I would choose small items and pay in full and you'll get some nice credit limit increases every couple months. Some times we cant erase those foolish inquiries fast enough but eventually we get the cards we wantSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, guys! Smiley Happy

Data points: Webbank pull EX, which had 24 inquries. My scores and additional details about credit profile is my signature below. Smiley Wink

Big congrats KidSmiley Happy. This is essentially a Fingerhut type program so use it wisely. I've been there before where I needed to start off with Fingerhut, no shame in that game. I would choose small items and pay in full and you'll get some nice credit limit increases every couple months. Some times we cant erase those foolish inquiries fast enough but eventually we get the cards we wantSmiley Happy

+1.YES! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval , Congrats on your rebuild also !!!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats on the approval! Give it some time to let the INQs fall off and to let your account age a bit. You're doing great so far!

Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.