Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glad I Joined the Navy (FCU)

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Glad I Joined the Navy (FCU)

Congratulations ! Woohoo !

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's a nice approval!

Message 12 of 15
mchang124
Regular Contributor

congrats on your approval! 

what were stats before applying? credit score/inquiries/etc?

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
Message 13 of 15
ItsCASHual
Regular Contributor

They pulled TU. My score is 656 on that one. Zero inquiries. Have not applied for a single account or new card since 11/2017, when I originally got a Discover secured card for $200 (that graduated at 7 months to $1,400 CL). I still have 2 charge offs w/ Capital One and 4 old collections showing on my report. One Cap 1 account has a balance of $1,800. The other Cap 1 has a balance of $3,200. Honestly I expected a denial or a $500 credit limit. The time it took me to apply and be approved was about 2 mins. No kidding. Easiest app I've done in my life. Literally asked for my employment status (full time employed), the name of my employer and my yearly gross income. Nothing else. Too easy. I'm still a little shocked here.

So now I have a Discover card and a Navy Cash Rewards card. I have a traditional mortgage @ 3.25% that I've had for 14 yrs w/ Wells Fargo. And the never ending Federal student loans.... but, I do have a Master's Degree to show for it. My vehicle is paid off. I'll drive it until it won't drive no more.

Thanks everyone for the congrats! 

FICO 8

Message 14 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ItsCASHual wrote:

I've been a member for nearly 2 years (in Jan.) with both checking & savings accts.  I have never applied for any credit products with them at all. Last night I decided to apply for cash rewards card. Instant approval for $5,000. I about fell off my chair. BAM.

Now I have a couple questions for those of you more familiar with Navy's credit products....

1) Do I use it heavily and pay in full monthly to enhance my future cards/credit limits with them?

2) Remind me please--I should apply for CLI 91/3, right? And also app for another card with them at the same time? Or not?

They're not fussy. Do right by them, they'll do right by you.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.