Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going for first 10k limit - UPDATE approved

tag
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

Going for first 10k limit - UPDATE approved

I think I might have a good shot at achieving that goal on my PPMC but not 100% I applied on 6/19 so card is  8 months. My last CLI was in October after getting an auto increase to 1500 from initial 800 limit. Called Credit Solutions to get to 4700. I know Synch approves CLI every 4 months.

Highest reported balance is 829. Current balance is 580, overall util is 16% & PPMC @ 13%. What are my chances of getting an increase after my statemt cuts on the 20th? Hoping for another auto increase after statement cut before asking, but if not should I still ask for one. Is it better to try through Synch or go right to CS? Also a bit concerned about the new vantage scoring model that they're using. All in all is it worth it to try to get an increase or leave well enough alone?

Discover: $15,900
Cap One QS: $4811
CFU: $8,000
PPMC: $12,000
US Bank Cash+: $13,000
Penfed Powercash Rewards: $7,500
AAOA: 3.5 yrs
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Going for my first 10k limit

First off I'm going to say that I'm not saying that you shouldn't, this is totally up to you,

However, just because you can doesn't mean you should. reading over and over of people getting CLI's every 2, 4, 6 months like clock work isn't always the best way to get good increases. It can often be the way to get multiple small increases, and over time you'll eventually have a sizeable CL.

This action would be considered credit seeking behavior by most Banks, and we should be very thanful for them being SP. Or most of us likely would be doing this. But keep in mind it's still kept of track of internally and can possibly affect you next one. And just recently getting a large increase right after a small one. IDK  Not familiar with SYNCH enough to know what they like and don't like.

That said, your chances of getting an increase seem good to me based on your stats. Whether it will be $5K is another story.

If you prefer talking to CSR's about it and explaing why you need X limit, by all meane call them. Otherwise you'll just get what the Computer throws at you. There's always the risk of getting "insufficent experience with current limit" reason, which means your history with them.

Good Luck on your CLI!

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would kind of let them grow on their own. What you have going for you is a lot: good scores, great cards, good limits so far,  low utilization. What you don't have is time.

Keep paying on time, and try to get your utilization below 9 percent. As your history and average age expands, so will your CLs. 

Message 3 of 23
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:

I think I might have a good shot at achieving that goal on my PPMC but not 100% I applied on 6/19 so card is  8 months. My last CLI was in October after getting an auto increase to 1500 from initial 800 limit. Called Credit Solutions to get to 4700. I know Synch approves CLI every 4 months.

Highest reported balance is 829. Current balance is 580, overall util is 16% & PPMC @ 13%. What are my chances of getting an increase after my statemt cuts on the 20th? Hoping for another auto increase after statement cut before asking, but if not should I still ask for one. Is it better to try through Synch or go right to CS? Also a bit concerned about the new vantage scoring model that they're using. All in all is it worth it to try to get an increase or leave well enough alone?

What's the deal with the limit on your QS in your signature?  That's a weird number.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 4 of 23
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Fated4Credit wrote:

What's the deal with the limit on your QS in your signature?  That's a weird number.

My QS originally started as a secured plat card (4/17) cap 1 asked for a $49 deposit & I gave them $60 bringing the total to 211. After credit steps & getting my card unsecured after 11 months, I was able to convert it to a QS. 

Since then I've gotten a auto increase of 1000 & a couple of small increases of 150 in the past 2 years, but that $11 has stuck of like a sore thumb, I hate it. I'm do for another increase in March. I'm hoping to finally get the card over the 2k mark or hopefully grow my other cards so I can transfer over a decent limit to my QS since I know its a bracketed card so it won't see much growth.

Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 5 of 23
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Fated4Credit wrote:

My QS originally started as a secured plat card (4/17) cap 1 asked for a $49 deposit & I gave them $60 bringing the total to 211. After credit steps & getting my card unsecured after 11 months, I was able to convert it to a QS. 

Since then I've gotten a auto increase of 1000 & a couple of small increases of 150 in the past 2 years, but that $11 has stuck of like a sore thumb, I hate it. I'm do for another increase in March. I'm hoping to finally get the card over the 2k mark or hopefully grow my other cards so I can transfer over a decent limit to my QS since I know its a bracketed card so it won't see much growth.

When you ask for an increase, and they approve it, you can ask for a lower limit to wipe the $11.

Synch grows extremely quickly. 10k is the max you can ask for online. I have heard you can ask for the max and they will counter. If it is really what you want to do, go for it. But with a few people getting shut down lately. I would tread lightly. 

Message 6 of 23
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First off I'm going to say that I'm not saying that you shouldn't, this is totally up to you,

However, just because you can doesn't mean you should. reading over and over of people getting CLI's every 2, 4, 6 months like clock work isn't always the best way to get good increases. It can often be the way to get multiple small increases, and over time you'll eventually have a sizeable CL.

This action would be considered credit seeking behavior by most Banks, and we should be very thanful for them being SP. Or most of us likely would be doing this. But keep in mind it's still kept of track of internally and can possibly affect you next one. And just recently getting a large increase right after a small one. IDK  Not familiar with SYNCH enough to know what they like and don't like.

That said, your chances of getting an increase seem good to me based on your stats. Whether it will be $5K is another story.

If you prefer talking to CSR's about it and explaing why you need X limit, by all meane call them. Otherwise you'll just get what the Computer throws at you. There's always the risk of getting "insufficent experience with current limit" reason, which means your history with them.

Good Luck on your CLI!

Even though I don't necessarily need the CLI, I would like to have it sooner rather than later. I think I got lucky with my last increase b/c @ the time I asked for 5k & they countered with 4700, which @ the time I think synch was trying to match my discover limit which was 4800. It would be really nice for until padding & if I was lucky enough to get 10k, I don't see myself asking for another one for @ least another year or longer. I don't want to give Synch any reason to turn their attention to my account. I'm considered low income (36k) so again don't see myself maxing out the card or even going towards half my limit.

Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 7 of 23
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

So just for the heck of it & to partly cool my anxiety about whether I'll get an increase from Paypal I went ahead & requested an increase on my discover card, rewarded with $200 😅 no double dip. I'll take it, every little bit helps. Total limit 7200 

Last increase on Discover was in December got denied, & 5 days later got an auto increase of 2200 from 4800 to 7000 go figure 🤷

Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fated4Credit wrote:

So just for the heck of it & to partly cool my anxiety about whether I'll get an increase from Paypal I went ahead & requested an increase on my discover card, rewarded with $200 😅 no double dip. I'll take it, every little bit helps. Total limit 7200 

Last increase on Discover was in December got denied, & 5 days later got an auto increase of 2200 from 4800 to 7000 go figure 🤷

Congrats on the CLI. Just don't get too anxious over it. You'll get to where you want to be in time. 

Just as an FYI, DISCOVER records all CLI requests. What they do with them I'm not sure anyone here knows.

Message 9 of 23
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

Quick update: My first 10k limit was approved from 4700!!! 😲😁 Can't believe it, didn't think it would have gone through, @ the least expected 8k. This is a big help to my UTL going forward
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.