Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going out with a bang!

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Going out with a bang!

So, I haven't posted much, but have been reading and continue to learn from everybody here.  This has been an exciting and very different year for me in comparison to all those before it.  Last week was thinking about there only being a few more days in 2018 and whether I would be able to achieve my credit goals now or would they wait until 2019.  Well, off I went and applied for the SunTrust Cash Rewards MasterCard with a positive attitude even though all reports showed they were a conservative lender.  Was sitting at 8 INQs in the last 12 months, (including a vehicle loan and a couple of investment accounts), 3 in the last 6 months but thought there was a chance. Let there be no doubt that SunTrust is INQ sensitive as they denied me for that reason even with a thick file and high FICO score.  Tried recon without success and decided that was not the way to end 2018.  

Had previously done a pre-qual for a BBVA Compass Rewards (pulled EX which put me at 10 INQs) and achieved the first piece of success (lowest APR and $15K CL).  Next came PNC Cash Rewards (pulled EX, now at 11 INQs) and approval for $10K and 15.24% APR.  Not done yet, decided to go for the Amazon Prime Rewards store card since I couldn't get the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards  card (way over 5/24) and got approved for $2K (pulled TU putting that at 9 INQs).  Still not ready to stop decided to try and add Langley FCU to the mix and got approved for a $25K CL Cash Back VISA and a $10K LOC with membership (pulled EQ which now sits at 12 INQs).  Had to try for one more and decided Alliant Credit Union was worth a shot and got approved for the Platinum Rewards VISA for $30K and 11.24% (pulled TU now sitting at 10 INQs).

So, for the week added $92K and 5 INQs.  With an approval of $25K for the Synovus Rewards VISA and a $1.5K CLI on Discover iT Miles meant a total of $118.5K for December and a grand total of $1.09M in personal credit ($1.23M with business credit) - goal achieved.  Not something everyone cares to do, thinks is necessary or appropriate, but following 12njoy's and Mahraja's efforts wanted to see if I could do it, too.

Final stats - EQ (805 FICO, 12 INQs, AAoA - 7.0), EX  (804 FICO, 11 INQs, AAoA - 7.2), and TU (822 FICO, 10 INQs, AAoA - 6.8), AoOA - 29.8, AoYA - 0. 

Will now focus on CLIs (have a few possibilities in Jan) and gardening.  Thanks to all who contribute to this forum and continue to help others improve there position.  Looking forward to 2019!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Going out with a bang!

BIG Congrats, @BigBS!!!  That's a truly BIG December!

Question on Langley for @BigBS or anyone else with experience -- Were you a member from before or did you just join? Was their approval automated or manual? If manual, can one join and apply in 1 day? And for LOC, did you apply separately or was this an automated approval based on membership?

Also, one more question if you don't mind-- do you recommend going for Synovus first or Langley? I have been eyeing both of these based on my strong Equifax score and can't decide how to best sequence them (i.e. which one is more inquiry sensitive).

Thanks in advance!!

Message 2 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Nice run and you beat me on the synovus visa CL higest I have heard I have 18k and I thought I was the highest, but you put mine to shame Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 35
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@seattlecredit08 wrote:

@Anonymous Congrats, @BigBS!!!  That's a truly BIG December!

@Anonymous on Langley for @BigBS or anyone else with experience -- Were you a member from before or did you just join? Was their approval automated or manual? If manual, can one join and apply in 1 day? And for LOC, did you apply separately or was this an automated approval based on membership?

Also, one more question if you don't mind-- do you recommend going for Synovus first or Langley? I have been eyeing both of these based on my strong Equifax score and can't decide how to best sequence them (i.e. which one is more inquiry sensitive).

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks.  For Langley, joined and had to wait for a phone call to verify membership.  Did a DocuSign of a couple documents and followed up immediately with CC and LOC requests.  They had already pulled EQ for membership, so the process was pretty simple.  Don't know if it would make a difference which one you did first it just happened to work out that way for me as I didn't find out about Langley until after the Synovus app.  Not a lot of data points for either.

Message 4 of 35
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

@seattlecredit08 wrote:

@Anonymous Congrats, @BigBS!!!  That's a truly BIG December!

@Anonymous on Langley for @BigBS or anyone else with experience -- Were you a member from before or did you just join? Was their approval automated or manual? If manual, can one join and apply in 1 day? And for LOC, did you apply separately or was this an automated approval based on membership?

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks.  For Langley, joined and had to wait for a phone call to verify membership.  Did a DocuSign of a couple documents and followed up immediately with CC and LOC requests.  They had already pulled EQ for membership, so the process was pretty simple.  Don't know if it would make a difference which one you did first it just happened to work out that way for me as I didn't find out about Langley until after the Synovus app.  Not a lot of data points for either.

Thank you!!

Did Langley or Synovus ask for POI?

And BIG Congrats and thanks again!!

Message 5 of 35
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats!  Nice run and you beat me on the synovus visa CL higest I have heard I have 18k and I thought I was the highest, but you put mine to shame Smiley Happy

Thanks, CC.  Certainly didn't put you or anyone else to shame.  I am continually thankful for any approval.

Message 6 of 35
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Thank you!!

Did Langley or Synovus ask for POI?

And BIG Congrats and thanks again!!

Neither asked for POI.  In fact, haven't been asked for POI by anyone.

Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a great run! Congrats!

Message 8 of 35
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a great run! Congrats!

Thanks, DommieD.

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals. That's awesome. Wow! I hope some day to be 1/4 of the way there.
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.