cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold Delta Skymiles AMEX approved with BK !!

tag
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Gold Delta Skymiles AMEX approved with BK !!

Well, today I will have to say goodbye to my Garden Ruby as I pulled the trigger for the Delta Skymiles Amex and was APPROVED with 2k SL.

The details.....

I'm just past the 2 year BK7 Discharge. My scores are at the high end of 600's and low 700's. Most of my INQ's for my rebuild 2 years ago will be falling off next month so I though I had little lose but a few points for the HP. All my current CC & Installment accounts are solid with good payment history and low UTL so I thought if I was gonna take a HP for something I might as well go big with Amex.  Knowing that the Delta Skymiles was the easiest to get I pulled the trigger.  I instantly received the " need more info" message on the screen and that my app was under review.  30 minutes later I received an email from Amex to call them.  I spoke to someone that said the account needed further review and that I should hear something within 24hrs.  That was Monday the 15th.  On Tues I got impatient and called , this time speaking to a woman with a thick Indian accent. She said " Congratulations, you've been approved"  WOW I thought. Then she said"  Oh, Im sorry, I made a mistake, you're account has to go thru further approval"  I thought are you Flippin kidding me ?   You made a mistake ???   But I kept my cool on the phone and thanked her for her time and assistance.  I was furious when I hung up. How could that possibly happen? 

On wed I called again. This time a gentleman with a thick Indian accent as well.  " Mr X, let me be the first to congratulate you as you've been approved with a 2k limit"  WOW, I almost collapsed right there. I got in,  2 years post disch and I got my foot in the door with a card I will actually use in the near future.  It feels so damn good that I keep logging on to their website just to see the approval.  Although I forgot to ask what the rate is, I really dont care as this is a PIF card for me.

I don't know what the magic bullet was with this approval.  Perhaps a combo of scores, low UTL, relatively low INQ's and same employ for over 20 years. I just don't know.  So far it appears they only pulled EX. Won't know if they pulled others for a few days I guess. Strangely enough I remember thinking to myself I had a fair shot at the approval. Now in hindsight I have to wonder just what the heck I was thinking. You have a BK dummy. You know that its typically 5 years at least post discharge. Although I know some have broke thru at the 2 to 3 year mark. Still, looking back, it was a viable risk and it's as if this silly confidence I had came out of nowhere.

Whatever got me in, there is no doubt the discipline, determination and knowledge I received from this forum went a long way in getting me to this point. For that I thank each and every one of you that comes in here each day and shares their knowledge and experiences.  I look forward to returning to the Garden and planting my seedling again . Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gold Delta Skymiles AMEX approved with BK !!

Congrats!!!🎈🎉🎊 Nice rebuild! 

Message 2 of 18
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Creditwiser wrote:

Well, today I will have to say goodbye to my Garden Ruby as I pulled the trigger for the Delta Skymiles Amex and was APPROVED with 2k SL.

The details.....

I'm just past the 2 year BK7 Discharge. My scores are at the high end of 600's and low 700's. Most of my INQ's for my rebuild 2 years ago will be falling off next month so I though I had little lose but a few points for the HP. All my current CC & Installment accounts are solid with good payment history and low UTL so I thought if I was gonna take a HP for something I might as well go big with Amex.  Knowing that the Delta Skymiles was the easiest to get I pulled the trigger.  I instantly received the " need more info" message on the screen and that my app was under review.  30 minutes later I received an email from Amex to call them.  I spoke to someone that said the account needed further review and that I should hear something within 24hrs.  That was Monday the 15th.  On Tues I got impatient and called , this time speaking to a woman with a thick Indian accent. She said " Congratulations, you've been approved"  WOW I thought. Then she said"  Oh, Im sorry, I made a mistake, you're account has to go thru further approval"  I thought are you Flippin kidding me ?   You made a mistake ???   But I kept my cool on the phone and thanked her for her time and assistance.  I was furious when I hung up. How could that possibly happen? 

On wed I called again. This time a gentleman with a thick Indian accent as well.  " Mr X, let me be the first to congratulate you as you've been approved with a 2k limit"  WOW, I almost collapsed right there. I got in,  2 years post disch and I got my foot in the door with a card I will actually use in the near future.  It feels so damn good that I keep logging on to their website just to see the approval.  Although I forgot to ask what the rate is, I really dont care as this is a PIF card for me.

I don't know what the magic bullet was with this approval.  Perhaps a combo of scores, low UTL, relatively low INQ's and same employ for over 20 years. I just don't know.  So far it appears they only pulled EX. Won't know if they pulled others for a few days I guess. Strangely enough I remember thinking to myself I had a fair shot at the approval. Now in hindsight I have to wonder just what the heck I was thinking. You have a BK dummy. You know that its typically 5 years at least post discharge. Although I know some have broke thru at the 2 to 3 year mark. Still, looking back, it was a viable risk and it's as if this silly confidence I had came out of nowhere.

Whatever got me in, there is no doubt the discipline, determination and knowledge I received from this forum went a long way in getting me to this point. For that I thank each and every one of you that comes in here each day and shares their knowledge and experiences.  I look forward to returning to the Garden and planting my seedling again . Smiley Wink

As people have mentioned before.. I almost wonder if AMEX has eased their approval crteria recently, especially with the loss of Costco (that was a huge loss to them..), and also JetBlue...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditwiser wrote:

The details.....

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and thanks for providing an informative post.  Hubby's bk d/c was 7/14, and come next month, he's going to give it a shot since he did not include Amex in his bk. His scores are just about like yours, util is 4%, and his payment history has been solid.  He got in with Penfed and Discover, so here's hoping that Amex will open their doors.  Enjoy your card and very happy for you! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 18
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Congratulations. It is a great card if you fly Delta!!!!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aussiesareforever wrote:

Congratulations. It is a great card if you fly Delta!!!!

Agreed!!

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!
Message 8 of 18
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your approval and thanks for providing an informative post.  Hubby's bk d/c was 7/14, and come next month, he's going to give it a shot since he did not include Amex in his bk. His scores are just about like yours, util is 4%, and his payment history has been solid.  He got in with Penfed and Discover, so here's hoping that Amex will open their doors.  Enjoy your card and very happy for you! Smiley Happy

It does seem he has a good shot at it.  Best of luck to him and thank you all for the support !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, congrats on your success !!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.