Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold Delta Skymiles approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gold Delta Skymiles approval

So, was planning on staying in the garden until January. I realized I need to consolidate some student loans. This requires a hard pull (at least, I authorized a hard pull). I figured, hey why not apply for a couple of cards and see what happens since I've already stepped out of the garden?

I applied for Go Rewards with Navy Federal. It was declined, but I kind of expected that due to high utilization and I don't blame them at all. I'll try again once I've gardened for a few more months and gotten my uti down. You know the saying though: In for a penny, in for a pound. So, since I saw a pre-approved offer for the Gold Delta Skymiles card, I figured I would give it a try.

Truly, I expected a decline, but it was approved for $1000.00 SL. This is one of the cards I really wanted because we fly Delta all the time and I've already gotten an award ticket due to flight purchases over the last few months. I figured this card can only help me earn more sky miles faster. I also want to get in with Amex and do things right.

Here are the data points:

CRA:     Experian

Experian Score (FICO): 644 (currently my highest - middle one is at 640)

Utilization (total):     68% (recent trip - soon to be paid down)

Income:  $75,000 - 85,000

BK (Ch. 13): Filed May, 2012 - discharged 11/2014 (5 years, 1 month out from filing) - seems like 5 years post BK filing is the magic number at AMEX. I applied for this same card in April with a higher score and lower uti and was declined.

2 tax liens still reporting and 4 accounts showing late payments from 5 and 6 years ago. 

My current cards are below with my biggest line being the Quicksilver at $ 9250.00.

I'm probably forgetting something. If so, let me know and I'll post in response. 

Anyhow, very excited to be back in with AMEX. I've learned quite a bit from these forums and I've used the info often. Back in the garden I go.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gold Delta Skymiles approval

Loan consolidation is not a hard pull. Not even a soft pull.
Congrats on the Amex approval
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Loan consolidation is not a hard pull. Not even a soft pull.
Congrats on the Amex approval

Breezy, perhaps I could have been more accurate. The documents I signed authorize a credit pull for the consolidation. Whether one is done will be up to the organization that ends up with the application. 

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, watch that limit flySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex approval!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.