Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golden 1 Credit Union - Platinum Rewards - $2k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Golden 1 Credit Union - Platinum Rewards - $2k

Went into Golden 1 the other day to open a free savings & checking account. Decided to go ahead and apply for their CC as well since it was only a SP. They pulled Experian. Score was 717. Got approved for $2,000 at a 10% APR.  It is only the minimum allowed to me, but the woman helping me said CLI are also SPs. Forgot to ask how often I can ask for one.

Heres a link to the card info since people probably aren't that familiar. Especially those outside of California.

https://www.golden1.com/CreditCards/Cards#tabs-2

That brings the total credit available to me to $26,201!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Golden 1 Credit Union - Platinum Rewards - $2k

congratsSmiley Happy Looks interesting but I think joining 3 credit unions is enough for me now lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

congratsSmiley Happy Looks interesting but I think joining 3 credit unions is enough for me now lol

Which 3?

Message 3 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

PenFed , DCU and NFCU.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're GOLDEN!!

Congratulations on your approval.

Sounds pretty sweet with  all of those SPs.  How could you go wrong there?

Best of luck to ya!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

PenFed , DCU and NFCU.

Is NFCU military only?

Message 6 of 12
aircobra
Regular Contributor

Awesome. So their credit card apps are SP for everyone? Even online? I've been looking to join a CU where I didn't have to do anything extra to be eligible (this one covers all of California it seems).

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aircobra wrote:

Awesome. So their credit card apps are SP for everyone? Even online? I've been looking to join a CU where I didn't have to do anything extra to be eligible (this one covers all of California it seems).

From the limited research that is available on MyFico about Golden 1 it seems its SP for in person and HP for online. I can back up half of that, don't know about online. Probably wouldn't hurt to ask.

Message 8 of 12
aircobra
Regular Contributor

Hmm...well, I am not in Sac, so I can't go in and do it. Might call and ask. I did apply for a checking and savings account to get my foot in the door but I didn't get instant approval (not sure if they even offer that online). I had an issue with a prior checking out that I had with BoA, so I won't be surprised if I don't get approved (I do have a checking account with Cap1 but got denied for one at another CU). We shall see I guess.

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would give them a call. Ive experienced great customer service so far. Been living in Sac for 15 years. I remember working as a cashier years ago Golden 1 was always one of the most common cards along with Chase, BoA and Wells Fargo. Good luck.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.