Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golden 1 - Instant Approval on Credit Card and LOC

tag
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Golden 1 - Instant Approval on Credit Card and LOC

I'm in LA and am really not in a serviceable area for Golden 1. I was browsing and saw that they have a card that earns 3% on dining, gas, and groceries which intrigued me. I already have the Navy FCU - More Rewards card which has a similar reward structure, but since it's on the AMEX network, I run into small shops that do not accept AMEX. I joined Golden 1 in early December but opted to not apply for the card since I knew my utilization on my credit report was skewed due to the holidays. I was also surprised that my membership was instantly opened since I had a few Chexsystems inquiries (yes, I'm a bonus chaser on deposit accounts too). I applied online on Wednesday, 2/3/21, and the application was instantly approved. Since they already had my credit, I applied for the LOC at the same time and that too was instantly approved. Here are the specs:

• LMFAO / 24 months (I think I'm at 12, so they really do not care)
  • They pulled Experian and use FICO 2, mine was at 715. The score variance is massive between FICO 8 and FICO 9. My FICO 8 is at 773 and FICO 9 at 778)
  • Both the credit card and LOC was approved at $10,000 each, so $20,000 in total.
  • APR was less than 10% for both, so I didn't qualify for the lowest APR
  • Utilization is roughly 3%
  • No additional documentation needed (so POI was not an issue)

So far, the biggest negative that I've noticed with the card is that it is not a "Signature" card and benefits are minimal... AND the card is aesthetically ugly Smiley Happy. In comparing this card with the NAVY FCU AMEX, it will serve its purpose when a merchant does not accept AMEX but will not replace it. The NAVY card at least offers ancillary services such as retail protection, extended warranty, return protection, and added discount options through Member Mall.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Golden 1 - Instant Approval on Credit Card and LOC

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the Golden-1 double play Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 4 of 14
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your membership, credit card and LOC approvals! 😎

Message 5 of 14
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Congrats! 

On paper, this card seems worth a look for people in Golden 1's field of membership (i.e. California). It's on my list of potential targets once I'm done gardening, but it doesn't get a ton of mentions around here, so I'm grateful to see your report. The detail about them using EX2 is particularly helpful. I don't recall hearing that before. 

Re APR: they currently advertise it as "as low as 7.79%." I can't quite tell from your post what yours is. Do you mind sharing?

Any other details you can add about how things go with this card would be much appreciated.

Message 6 of 14
BAD_UP
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Golden1 CC & LOC 🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 7 of 14
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Rate was like 9.65% something, may be a few bp off.

Message 8 of 14
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 14
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

21785i28A83A703392EAB8.gif

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.