Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Bye PNC and Navy Fed. App Spree Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Bye PNC and Navy Fed. App Spree Results

So, I went on a significant app spree over the past 3 weeks and it went fairly well. Just some credit background. I've been working on my credit for the past 2 years and so far I got Everything all the way up except for Experian which has 1 charge off that will not budge. That score is a 635. Transunion is 771 and Equifax is 768. I did my research and decided to focus on credit unions and banks that I have relationships with. Been with Navy Fed for 2 years and keep a few thousand in that checking. Three months ago they approved me for a flimsy $500 but I waiting until today 90/1 to ask for an increase. Still waiting. Also applied for a business card with PNC and was declined. They are my primary bank and I've been with them for 10 years and have a comfortable 6 figures with them in a few accounts. So with that said, i am pulling my funds tomorrow and transferring to Cotizens bank which approved me for a personal and business card. So I'll list my apps below so this story won't go one for days. Thanks guys

Citizens business: pulled Equifax $7000

Citizens personal: pulled Equifax $9000

PNC business : pulled Experian denied

DCUSmiley Tongueulled Equifax $5000

Venmo: pulled transunion $5000

Apple Master: pulled Transunion $3000

SECU: pulled Equifax $10,000 pull is good for 30 days

SECU LOC : pulled Equifax $5000

Justice federal CUSmiley Tongueulled Equifax pending pull is good for 60 days

Navy Federal CLI: no pull pending

now i am in the garden until 2023

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Good Bye PNC and Navy Fed. App Spree Results

Congrats on your approvals.

Not  sure why you wanna say goodbye to Navy out of all the cards you have now Navy has the biggest potential. Yes sometimes it takes awhile for  them to warm up to you but when they do they are well worth the wait .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

Congrats on your approvals.

Not  sure why you wanna say goodbye to Navy out of all the cards you have now Navy has the biggest potential. Yes sometimes it takes awhile for  them to warm up to you but when they do they are well worth the wait .

And I'm not sure why you're faulting PNC for the denial when they are an EX puller and you admittedly have a low EX score with a derogatory showing. I've found PNC to be very generous on both the personal and business side. 

Message 3 of 35
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Greetings startingover76 ~ I think you should reconsider and not close the Navy account . . . give it a year to grow and I am sure that you will be pleased. What are the details surrounding the CO on EX? I have found that EX is the absolute easiest CRA to deal with, then TU followed by EQ being the last and most difficult. Have you tried to communicate with the EX reps in the US? Wishing you success in getting the EX CO removed.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 35
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on all of your approvals

Message 5 of 35
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good run and yup its time for the garden, grats on all Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 35
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 35
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on a nice spree!

I would echo several other comments that you should hold onto the NFCU card regardless of the outcome of this CLI request, having one should be considered as part of your long game.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will be a dormant card. I have to keep it active and it will be a waste when there is potential with all of the others. If they approve my CLI then i am ok with staying but if they decline me, I don't need a card with a 500 limit because when other banks look at my report, they will see this little dud and not give me larger limits. I try and use it just to keep it moving l, but i am at a 2% utilization and that card is at 60% with just 300 charged on it. It annoys me. I pay all of my cards in full as I use them. My son and daughter have a higher limit with them than I do. I feel disrespected 

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not faulting them at all, however they could have been more open minded being that my other scores are in the high 7s. Also, several dollars that I chose not to mention has passed through my accounts. If i am good enough for you to hold my money then i am good enough for you to extend credit. I do business with those that would like to do business with me. That's all. Also the charge off was from identity theft and ive been fighting with the bureau and the bank for 4 years. 

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.