Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Bye PNC and Navy Fed. App Spree Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Bye PNC and Navy Fed. App Spree Results

Yes, it's been heck. I just hired an attorney last week because I've done all that I can do at this point. It's not mine and I've been paying for it for 4 years now. The other bureaus took it off

Message 11 of 35
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I went on a significant app spree over the past 3 weeks and it went fairly well. Just some credit background. I've been working on my credit for the past 2 years and so far I got Everything all the way up except for Experian which has 1 charge off that will not budge. That score is a 635. Transunion is 771 and Equifax is 768. I did my research and decided to focus on credit unions and banks that I have relationships with. Been with Navy Fed for 2 years and keep a few thousand in that checking. Three months ago they approved me for a flimsy $500 but I waiting until today 90/1 to ask for an increase. Still waiting. Also applied for a business card with PNC and was declined. They are my primary bank and I've been with them for 10 years and have a comfortable 6 figures with them in a few accounts. So with that said, i am pulling my funds tomorrow and transferring to Cotizens bank which approved me for a personal and business card. So I'll list my apps below so this story won't go one for days. Thanks guys

Citizens business: pulled Equifax $7000

Citizens personal: pulled Equifax $9000

PNC business : pulled Experian denied

DCUSmiley Tongueulled Equifax $5000

Venmo: pulled transunion $5000

Apple Master: pulled Transunion $3000

SECU: pulled Equifax $10,000 pull is good for 30 days

SECU LOC : pulled Equifax $5000

Justice federal CUSmiley Tongueulled Equifax pending pull is good for 60 days

Navy Federal CLI: no pull pending

now i am in the garden until 2023

Congratulations on all your success.

Might I suggest you give Navy one more shot.  I bet your second card will be a big approval (10-15k). They pull TU.  Navy always gives starter limits on their first card and they don't grow as quickly.  Their second card is where you'll really see results!

Also, which SECU are you referring to?  North Carolina or MD?  Thanks in advance and again, congratulations!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Maryland

Message 13 of 35
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

You've done really well with your recent approvals, some sweet ones!

I started with $500 SL from Navy also, I was still in the middle of rebuilding.

After 91/3 I apped for a CLI and received 1K. Almost 3 months later, apped for 2nd card and auto loan, approved for both. 20K More Rewards and 25K auto loan. 

I still have a few paid med collections on my CR and I'm not a high earner, not even close.

Just saying, there's massive potential with Navy.

Good luck with CLI!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll see what they say tomorrow or so. Thank you

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous It's definitely personal for you I get it. I was pissed at AMEX before and just stopped using the card as much but after a few months I got over it. I still don't use them as much as I used to, but if I need it, it's there. Your call on the NFCU but, I'd probably just sock drawer it if possible. Best of luck! Also, good job with the kids & higher sl...they're supposed to surpass us so in my book that's a good thing. 

Message 16 of 35
DesertWanderer
Frequent Contributor

I agree with @designated_knitter on Navy.  My first card with them was a $900 Go Rewards at a time when Amex gave me a five digit CL.  91/3 later and Navy gave me $25k on a Flagship card.  I have been gardening for over a year; last month I asked for a CLI increase on my Go Rewards and it was denied due to me being at max credit they were willing to extend.  A few days ago they gave me a 3x CLI on it up to $2,700. 

I'm sure in time they will open the vault for you!  

Message 17 of 35
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your success thus far 👍🏼

Message 18 of 35
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on all your approvals!

Message 19 of 35
risingup2day
Regular Contributor

First off... Congrats on you spree..

Probably going to get banned or catch a TON of "hate" for this, but who cares?!? Last I check this is a forum that allows "constructive" feedback.... well that will be determined by the Mods. 

Maybe it is just me, the whiskey (Redbreast 12 years some really good Irish whiskey for those who have not experienced a good whiskey under $45 USD) or covid... but good for you, my guy!

Take your money out of NFCU! Run to the next bank or credit union that "makes" you feel special because you put your money with them? Flaunt those "six figures" like you are special. You think they care? Truth be said... they don't! You think these rich bankers are getting rich off the wealthy? Or slightly better off "blue collar" worker?  Sorry, my dude... they are getting rich off the financially uneducated people.

FACT! 

Just saying wake up my guy! You are just like the rest of us... a number or algorithm plotted in computer that analysis "risk". Doesn't care who you are as a person, how much money you have, or how long you have been with NFCU... 2 years? Lol come on! I have socks older than you have been with NFCU. And they are still white and no holes!!! Citizens bank gave you $9K? Awesome!  TD Bank who writes for my "Target Red card" has a higher limit than what Citizens just gave you. Maybe I should pull out all my money and open a account with TD bank? Sorry for the rant. 

"Their" computer just sees the probability/risk/ and whatever else they say it good in the world. Then decides,  yes or no. For you today, it's a No. So suck it up, buttercup! Drink some water and move to the water hole!

I don't blame my life's problems on the Prom queen (in her "hey" days) who turned me down at prom! Nope, not me! I just turned around and went with her best friend! Fast forward... life is different for all!! Just ask the former "Prom queen". 

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.