Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News!!! I finally got it!

tag
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

Good News!!! I finally got it!

Little back story... My Mom has never applied for an unsecured credit card, she only uses secured cards and refuses to graduate. I also remember a time when she was automatically graduated and closed the card right after finding out. My mom always been worried about having financial **bleep** storm one day and doesn't want owe anyone anything. 

Anyway, she decided to apply for a Chase Sapphire Reserve and was approved for 65K credit limit and ADDED ME AS AU! We do alot of traveling so this card will be very useful

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good News!!! I finally got it!

That’s an awesome SL. Way to “graduate” to an unsecured card.
Message 2 of 17
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
That’s an awesome SL. Way to “graduate” to an unsecured card.

I know right! I'm a little too hype to just be AU, but this card will defintely help me in my rebuild as well as travel 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 17
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Wait did u say $65,000 or $6,500? Prior to this approval, what was her highest credit limit and how many open revolving accounts does she have? Either ways congrats on the approval!
Message 5 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, paternity test says other wiseSmiley Wink

Thats a huge 360 on having only secured cards to getting a card with 65k. Congrats to DM . Mind sharing some data points on Moms credit profile? Thanks
Message 6 of 17
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Wow, paternity test says other wiseSmiley Wink

Thats a huge 360 on having only secured cards to getting a card with 65k. Congrats to DM . Mind sharing some data points on Moms credit profile? Thanks

I don't know her full credit profile, but she has paid off her 130K student loan debt, BankAmericard (Secured)  $9.5K, Wells Fargo (Secured)  $7K, 1.1M mortgage w/ Citi, and about 80K in auto loans. 

*Chase did hold a loan on another property she own before selling it.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at her credit profile, she was longggg overdue! Smart lady - good for her (and you)! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Looking at her credit profile, she was longggg overdue! Smart lady - good for her (and you)! Smiley Happy

Thanks!! She's good with managing money.... I don't know where I **bleep**ed up at.

Message 9 of 17
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@pip3manwrote:
Wait did u say $65,000 or $6,500? Prior to this approval, what was her highest credit limit and how many open revolving accounts does she have? Either ways congrats on the approval!

Thanks! I don't know her credit file to that extent, but I did list a few that I know of in a previous post.

@pip3man
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.