Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news from Discover, finally!

tag
FA21
New Contributor

Good news from Discover, finally!

Today, almost 14 months to the day since I opened a $200.00 Discover secured, I received the email below.  I was stunned with the limit they approved.  My score at their app went up from the 580's to 647.  Really happy about it!  Thank to the people in the forum who reccomended Discover secured to improve my credit situation, I couldnt have done without you all!

We're returning your security deposit and increasing your credit line.

Because you've shown responsible account management, you're getting your security deposit back. You should receive the check in the mail in 5-7 business days.
Moreover, we are pleased to inform you that we have increased your credit line following your responsible account management. Congratulations and thank you for being a great cardmember!
Your new credit limit is $1,500.00, and your cash line has remained unchanged.
Nothing else changes with your Discover it® chrome card. You keep the same account number and the same rewards.
If you have any questions, you can reach our U.S.-based service team any time at 1-800-_  _  _  _ _ _ _  or you can always visit us at Discover.com.

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Platinum $300.00; Discover (secure) $200.00; Bank One $300.00 (April 2017)

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Quicksilver $1800.00; Discover $2000.00; (March 2019)
8 REPLIES 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Good news from Discover, finally!

And that's how you do it!

Accept a "starter secured" card and let it grow - give it another couple of months and you'll have several non-secured offers (please do NOT apply for Credit One), Cap-1 comes to mind but I wouldn't be surprised to see a BoA card in your near future too.

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
aircobra
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I wish Capital One wasn't so fickle with their secured cards (still waiting for my second one to unsecure after 14 months and stuck with a low CL on my non-secured one).

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s awesome!! Congrats!
Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your graduationSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think mine has unsecured as well. I haven't gotten any email yet but the credit line is now at $2000 rather than $200. And i have looked several times. I'd expect to see the email possibly as early as in the morning perhaps as i'd assume is a very automated process. My 9th statement just generated on the 10th, and the CL wasn't that amount this weekend i know that definitely.  A much, much larger unsecure cli than i anticipated by all means, but definitely going to do the discover happy dance!

Message 6 of 9
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Dont hold your breath on Cap1. Secured cardmember for over 6 yrs. I have 160k in available credit, few inquiries, good income, 3 or 4 yr AAoA and I have given up on Cap1 unsecuring my card. I only keep it open for some faint hope and to keep my AAoA a little higher

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on become unsercured!!!

Message 8 of 9
TaperRandy
Regular Contributor

It never gets old, watching people beam with progress. Good for you!

EQ: 759 ; EXP: 797 ; TU: 758
BOA Cash Rewards:$27,000 ; BOA Business Cash Rewards:$30,000 ; AMEX PLATINUM BUSINESS-Open; Amex Business Blue- $30,000; AMEX Everyday Preferred: $30,000; Venture One:$11,750 ; QuickSilver:$10,500 ; CFU: $6,000 ; Home Depot: $15,000 ; Lowe's: $25,000 ; AMEX Business Plum: Open ; Discover It: $13,500; Elan Financial; $14,500; Citi Diamond Preferred-$11,000; CitiBusiness AAdvantage; $7,000; SYNC Welcome Home-$25,000
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.