Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good week for me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good week for me

So it's been a pretty decent week for me and credit cards. I was due for my 1st credit limit increase on my Amex card. Waited to day 63 instead of day 61 so I could pay that months bill. Hit the credit line increase for 3x limit and was instantly approved. Starting limit was $2,000 increased to $6,000.

Capital One Quicksilver One that I got back in late November 2018 graduated the credit steps. Starting limit was $3,000. The third month in I was reading that people were having success getting a credit limit increase a few months in. Around the third month I hit the CLI button and instantly approved for $300 more bringing it up to $3,300. I tried for $5,000 just for the hell of it but that wasn't happening. Log in today and was disappointed that my account only went up the extra $200 to complete the credit steps. Did some more reading and realized I would most likely have to wait another 6 months for another CLI. Then, I stumbled upon a thread with a link for a Capital One product upgrade, hit it, signed in and it told me I was eligible for a Capital One Venture One. All the same terms as my Quicksilver One with no AF. Said **bleep** I'm upgrading cause who knows when this opportunity will come around again. LOL.

Quick question. Do you think the Venture One CLI will continue to go up in small amounts or do you think the increases will actually be worth it?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good week for me

It depends on if your C1 is bucketed or not.  Doesn't seem to be with your limit so, it should grow if you keep using it significantly since they like swipes.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tough to say.  I had a $3000 SL card through CO that most would believe means that it wasn't bucketed as a starter account, but it definitely was.  I was able to grow $100k+ across other credit lines in the amount of time that it took me to get $500 from CO on that account.  It was opened under poor (starter bucket) terms, as my credit score at the time was 630 or so.

Message 3 of 16
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So it's been a pretty decent week for me and credit cards. I was due for my 1st credit limit increase on my Amex card. Waited to day 63 instead of day 61 so I could pay that months bill. Hit the credit line increase for 3x limit and was instantly approved. Starting limit was $2,000 increased to $6,000.

Capital One Quicksilver One that I got back in late November 2018 graduated the credit steps. Starting limit was $3,000. The third month in I was reading that people were having success getting a credit limit increase a few months in. Around the third month I hit the CLI button and instantly approved for $300 more bringing it up to $3,300. I tried for $5,000 just for the hell of it but that wasn't happening. Log in today and was disappointed that my account only went up the extra $200 to complete the credit steps. Did some more reading and realized I would most likely have to wait another 6 months for another CLI. Then, I stumbled upon a thread with a link for a Capital One product upgrade, hit it, signed in and it told me I was eligible for a Capital One Venture One. All the same terms as my Quicksilver One with no AF. Said **bleep** I'm upgrading cause who knows when this opportunity will come around again. LOL.

Quick question. Do you think the Venture One CLI will continue to go up in small amounts or do you think the increases will actually be worth it?

If your Quicksilver One was indeed bucketed, then it will remain bucketed as a Venture One. I have a Platinum that I PC'd to Quicksilver, but I was warned that I'd remain bucketed. I'm currently keeping it, but as soon as I start getting better cards that I want, I will likely close it, since it won't grow. IF they ever allow account combinations again, I'd consider getting the Venture or Savor card and combining it into that one.

Message 4 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Cap1 and I have a mutual understanding

They promise never to give me another CLI and I promise not to put any meaningful spend on the cards. 

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 16
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Cap1 and I have a mutual understanding

They promise never to give me another CLI and I promise not to put any meaningful spend on the cards. 

I think i have tge same understanding. The main purpose the card serves is to keep my utilization down.

Message 6 of 16
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Cap One PC. Thats more rare than coming across a unicorn. Sad to see one less fellow bucketeer in our Federation of Bucketeers but I'm happy for you.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 7 of 16
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on an Awesome week!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI and the product upgrade from the QS1. I know many have issues in trying to upgrade that card!!! Good that you were able to do so and enjoy a CLI to boot.

Message 9 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the 3x! As for the Cap One card, you MAY be bucketed. Although your limit is already a lot better than other bucketed cards. Either way, congrats on the increase!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.