Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Store Approval (Synchrony)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Store Approval (Synchrony)

I have an old iPhone 7 Plus and decided to get the new Pixel 3.  So I applied for the financing deal (0% for 2 years).  Instant approval for $2.2K (Google Store Card).  It's perfect for phone upgrades since they always offer 0% for 2 years on phones for that account.

So a good useful approval. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Google Store Approval (Synchrony)

Great tip!  I think I am going to follow in a month or two once solid reviews are in on Pixel 3. Definately makes sence to pick up card for financing.  Only concern is the SL you got.  You are lover 35% utilization on that card, right?  What were your scores?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The scores were the same as in my signature.  Sync usually approves lower limits for me.  Whereas Comenity approves high limits I never need.

My overall utilization is going to be under 9% since I have over $100K in credit that I hardly use.

I'll also pay that down much faster than they expect.  I'll sell my iPhone and put those funds on that account.  It'll drop under 35% quickly.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The scores were the same as in my signature. 

For posterity (because they won't be the same forever): 

FICO 8: Equifax 705 | Experian 707 | TransUnion 713

Congrats! on your approval.
Message 4 of 11
rbentley
Established Contributor

My scores are very similar to yours.  Sync would likely give me a similar low SL.  Not a big issue as I would only be using this account in the Google store, still I wonder about getting another card with a 0% into rate which would likely come with a much higher SL.  I presently have a very outdated S6 which has no trade in value.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would depend on how fast you want to pay the grand off.  There are a lot of nice cards that would give you 0% for 12-15 months vs 24 on a new purchase.  

Message 6 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Love my Pixel 2 XL. Glad your getting the Pixel. The XL and that huge ugly notch. I'll pass on it.

Message 7 of 11
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

WOW!  Congratulations on your approval!

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 8 of 11
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! HP from? thanks

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 9 of 11
kaw943
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an old iPhone 7 Plus and decided to get the new Pixel 3.  So I applied for the financing deal (0% for 2 years).  Instant approval for $2.2K (Google Store Card).  It's perfect for phone upgrades since they always offer 0% for 2 years on phones for that account.

So a good useful approval. Smiley Happy

Just an FYI I did this last year and my intial was 1500,  after 2 months I requested a limit increase via the google sync card site and my limit was increased to 10k.  I am not sure what I will be buying from the google store for that amount but hey I was able to cancel a cc that had a high annual fee that I wasn't using without taking the hit on available credit. 

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.