cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Amex ED Approval with 11 Inquiries in 30 Days & Indian Score from Nova Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Amex ED Approval with 11 Inquiries in 30 Days & Indian Score from Nova Report

Hello All,

So, I have been lurking on this forum as & when I get time; & as I stated elsewhere, with having two cards of total $500 limit, I was very much tempting to apply for a new one. Applied Paypal/Amazon/Discover/Citi/Capital1/Syncrony/Chase, got 11 Inquiries. All Denials. At every inquiry I was like, it is already going to stay for 1 year, so what is 1 more day? As I shared at https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Denial-overturned-by-Recon-Line/m-p/563..., got Chase deniel turned into Yes by recon.

Then, yesterday again, I was thinking that why not Amex, how to get it & such. After a bit of google, checked my pre-qualification, no offers, but still I went with Everyday card (no annual fee). To my surprise, it asked me if I have credit scores in UK/Canada/Mexico/Austalia/INDIA/Nigeria Ofcourse I have 775 CRIF Score in India with perfect history of 3 years usage f an SBI (State Bank of India) mastercard credit card. So I clicked India, it said going to use Nova Credit Process to get & convery my Indian Scroes & data to Americal Equivalent. After about 20 minutes got an Email that Nova has put my Indian Score at 715 American Style, & now Amex will let me know the decision in 7-10 days. I signed up for electronic delivery of the decision & just this morning I called the Amaex helpline & explained why I have 11 inquiries. She said same, no worries, wait for 7-10 days. After about an hour, got email that Amex app is approoved with limit $1000 Smiley Happy

Nova also kindly sent me a link to download the report they provided to Amex (max last 18 months of payment history).

So now I think I have enough cards in wallet without worrying about mid-week payments to make up some space. Chase & Amex will be the daily driver; Discover & Cap will be used for few online subscriptions. (about $20 in total).

Thanks all for being the wonderful & knowledgable community.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Got Amex ED Approval with 11 Inquiries in 30 Days & Indian Score from Nova Report

Wow that was great of AmexSmiley Happy Big congratsSmiley Happy

Now you know, here in the US, its not recommended to app that many times in a month, no matter how good your credit is. It can be viewed as fraud, break out, or just desperation. Enjoy your new cardsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got Amex ED Approval with 11 Inquiries in 30 Days & Indian Score from Nova Report

Congrats on your approval! I'm really glad Amex checks overseas credit scores for those of us new to the US 😊

That being said, with 11 inquiries in the span of a month, I'd definitely chill out in the garden for a while now.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, yes, really now the goal is to progress in career & thus increase in income. With this card, I already have pretty good CL according to my income. Cap1 has promised auto CLI of $200 after two more months; Amex after 60 days, so no new CC apps at least for a year or more.

I am planning to send emails to C1, Di, Chase about my experience with Amex checking foreign scores & would request them to think about it (not for me but as in general for any of their new customers).
Message 4 of 6
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

What is break out?
NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 5 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@stonedog23 wrote:
What is break out?

With so many inquiries in one month it can appear you are trying to amass lots of new credit, run up the bills and not pay them back. It also just makes you look desperate for credit which is never a good thing.

Take those denials as a sign that it's time to garden and just enjoy the accounts you have. 11 inquiries in 30 days is really quite a lot by any standard.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.