Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Approved For The Chase IHG 80,000 Point Offer

tag
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Got Approved For The Chase IHG 80,000 Point Offer

Okay. Long story. I had an IHG Card 3 or so years ago. Was trying for my dream card the Chase Sapphire Preferred.  Just before I closed my card out of anger for Chase denying me for the CSP for years, the IHG Rewards revamped their structure and IHG Card holders got automatic Spire Elite. I was never impressed though. I booked a stay at a Holiday Inn Express and was treated like I wasn't even a rewards member. So, I ditched the card. Fast forward two years, I discover Kimpton Hotels. These are affordable upscale boutique hotels. I fell in love. Low and behold IHG merged with Kimpton. Oy! Now without my card, I lost the Spire Elite tier and fell back to the Platinum Elite tier. Oh! How I wish I never got rid of the card! 

Well, today I applied again for the IHG card to maintain my Platinum Elite status and I got approved for $12k. The first time I had the card I had a $3k limit.

Oh, back in 2016 I was one of the first people to get the Chase CSR. I also have the Amazon Prime card. So, Chase is back in my good graces again. :-)  

I was considering the Ritz Carlton card. But, we're not ritzy folk. lol  I also have the Marriott card and I'm thinking about ditching that because we hardly stay at any Marriotts. I just held on to it for the annual free night certificate. But you can only use it at 1-4 tier hotels. Whereas with IHG you can use it at any tier. I may just hold on to it. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Got Approved For The Chase IHG 80,000 Point Offer

Congrats!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Nice SL.
Message 3 of 6
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

OP was this a public offer for the 80K IHG?
Message 4 of 6
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Targeted. I signed into my IHG Rewards account and the points changed from 60k to 80k. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations for getting the card back and getting those 80 000, that is a nice added bonus!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.