Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got My DREAM Card - - CSP !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got My DREAM Card - - CSP !!

I've brought my scores up as high as I could considering i technically have a paid charge off that last reported 15 months ago.

Over having an app itch for the past 4 days, i decided to bite the bullet. I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred today & was instantly approved for $5,000. This is my highest limit upon activation since rebuilding. I applied without having any pre-qual offers from Chase. My app stats are below:

FICO 8 SCORES: 673 EX, 674 EQ, 675 TU

UTILIZATION: 4%   (Only one card reporting at 9%/The rest at zero)
INCOME: 49K (37k from work, the rest in savings)
INQUIRIES: ranging from 6-13 on each bureau
Last inquiries came from car shopping 8 months ago
BADDIES: 1 paid in full charge off from Discover last reported 15 months ago. Last late payment reported 24 months ago.
AAoA: 1.8 years
3 credit card accounts opened in the past 24 months. 6 new accounts overall (including the installments).

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got My DREAM Card - - CSP !!

Correction - - 4 new credit card accounts opened in the past 24 months. This card makes the 5th.
Message 2 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've brought my scores up as high as I could considering i technically have a paid charge off that last reported 15 months ago.

Over having an app itch for the past 4 days, i decided to bite the bullet. I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred today & was instantly approved for $5,000. This is my highest limit upon activation since rebuilding. I applied without having any pre-qual offers from Chase. My app stats are below:

FICO 8 SCORES: 673 EX, 674 EQ, 675 TU
INCOME: 49K (37k from work, the rest in savings)
INQUIRIES: ranging from 6-13 on each bureau
Last inquiries came from car shopping 8 months ago
BADDIES: 1 paid in full charge off from Discover last reported 15 months ago. Last late payment reported 24 months ago.
AAoA: 1.8 years
3 credit card accounts opened in the past 24 months. 6 new accounts overall (including the installments).

Congratulations BrokeGirl, not an easy card to get. And a highly regarded one, too.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey girl ... Was wondering about you the other day and how your rebuild was going. Nice to see an update. Congrats!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JJ !! I've been MIA for months because ive been having such a horrible time with score increases. Since September (8-9 months) my scores gave gone up & back down over & over again about 3 points. I hate that to had to get a new car. . . About 2 weeks ago i got my util down through a cli & was the first significant increase in months. I decided to capitalize on it since i want to travel & went for the only card ive ever truly wanted. I cant believe it. I thought i would have surely gotten denied with my scores & profile...... hope all is well with your rebuilding!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going really well ... If you're not on mobile you can see my cards in my sig, about $17K in CLs, bought a house in January. Scores dropped after adding the mortgage, and additionally cards, but I'm headed back upwards! In the garden till I hit the 700s
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and building your profile to get your 'dream card'. Always nice to hit an achievement
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome approval! I am also interested in a csp or csr and I was wondering if you had a previous relationship with chase?My scores all around 700 with one paid judgement but with no previous relationship with chase I am worried that my scores are too low. I'm thinking about opening a checking account with Chase for 6 months just to start a relationship before I apply.
My current cards are Discover 6000 limit, QS 6300 limit, and Amex BCP 3000 limit. Less then 1 % utilization.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job and congrats!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi KillnTime , nope i did not have a previous relationship with Chase. No bank accounts or card accounts with them.... I have positive credit card history for a little over 1 year. Below is my credit card history from oldest to youngest:

DISCOVER IT STUDENT CARD: starting limit (SL) $5,000 opened in 2012. Three on time payments for the first 3 months of account ownership. Maxed out/closed by lender. Charged off in late 2013 for $6,300. Charge off w/ paid in full remarks in Jan of 2016.

FINGERHUT: this started off as the Freshstart installment account approved of $130 credit line in October of 2015. Its the account that gave me courage to check my credit scores which were between 430-470 on all bureaus. I graduated the account in 5 months & it turned into a $200 revolving line. At the time of graduation, I believe my scores were in the mid 500s.

CAPITAL ONE SECURED: Opened in Feb of 2016 at $200 with $99 as a down payment (low 500 scores). This was my first card with responsible usage & that i purposely used for rebuilding.... Cap 1 automatically graduated the card about 5 months ago to a $500 revolving line. Heavy usage & i always pay in full.

CAPITAL ONE PLATINUM: I opened this in April or May of 2016. Instant approval of $1000. Got it product changed about 60 days in to a Quicksilver. Cap 1 gave an auto increase to a $1500 line 6 months after opening. Im not a fan of this card's growth, but it was a crucial stepping stone in my rebuilding journey as I didn't want a bunch of store cards in my credit profile.

AMEX DELTA GOLD: My first "big girl" card in my rebuilding journey. Approved for a $2000 line in June of 2016 with a high EX score of 648.... 90 days in i requested a 3X CLI, but was only approved for a $4000 line... 2 months ago (March 2017) AMEX gave me an auto increase to $7000. That same day I went online & requested more at $12,000 & it was granted.

LOWES/SYNCRONY: I think was approved for this in Sept 2016. It was a $700 line that i asked for a CLI to $6000 a few days in... I later asked for another CLI in Feb of 2017 to $12,000.

CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: Approved May of 2017 at $5,000.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.