Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a CLI from Chase! - 4 months from account opening

tag
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Got a CLI from Chase! - 4 months from account opening

I called Chase today about asking for a CLI, currently sitting at $4k on my United MileagePlus card.  I said I wanted $8k and after "soft" pull (shows only as soft - so far) and discussing the same items they originally denied me for when I first got the account, the nice lady approved me for $8k.  I asked her if I should have asked for more, and she said yes :-(.  But I am still happy that I got it!!  Woohoo for double miles on my family's trip to New Zealand in a few months.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Got a CLI from Chase! - 4 months from account opening

Awesome and Congrats on doubling your limit!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 13
Bobert22
Contributor

@Tryon2improve wrote:

I called Chase today about asking for a CLI, currently sitting at $4k on my United MileagePlus card.  I said I wanted $8k and after "soft" pull (shows only as soft - so far) and discussing the same items they originally denied me for when I first got the account, the nice lady approved me for $8k.  I asked her if I should have asked for more, and she said yes :-(.  But I am still happy that I got it!!  Woohoo for double miles on my family's trip to New Zealand in a few months.

How did you get them to do a soft pull? I thought it was always a hard pull for customer iniated CLI requests?

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 4 of 13
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Can't beat that lol. I wonder if the "shoot for the moon" approach would end with them just saying "Well, we can't give you 20k, but heres 8k.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Tryon2improve wrote:

How did you get them to do a soft pull? I thought it was always a hard pull for customer iniated CLI requests?

I did not ask anything about the pull, they just stated that they review the credit file, usage, and Chase history in determing a CLI.  I said I was fine with that.  I mention soft pull because that is what is showing on my annual credit report from EQ from Chase with today's date 5 hours after the CLI.  A hard pull as not shown up yet,  I would expect one, and I will be monitoring that over the next couple of days. (unless they pulled TU).

Message 6 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What number did you use? Did you give a reason? I'm thinking about asking for a cli on mine I don't really need it though

Message 8 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS thats an awesome CLI!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 13
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Tryon2improve wrote:

my annual credit report from EQ from Chase with today's date 5 hours after the CLI.  A hard pull as not shown up yet,  I would expect one, and I will be monitoring that over the next couple of days. (unless they pulled TU).

hardpulls always shows up the next day, it's like herpes you won't test positive on the day you get it =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.