Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a few CLI's

tag
CreditBloke
Valued Member

Got a few CLI's

So I have been gardening for a while now. I decided that since Wayfair is closed and I don't think I will be getting the Mastercard, I wanted to ask for some CLI. I went ahead and asked for a $2000 increase on my Care Credit, which was approved and went from $5000 to $7000. I then asked for a $2000 increase on my Sams Club credit card, which went from $1000 to $3000. My Wayfair card was just under $4000, so I am quite happy as it will keep my utilization the same once Wayfair reports as closed.

I also got a rare CLI increase on my Capital One Walmart Mastercard - I love the 5 percent on this card because I buy my groceries via their Grocery pickup, which is the best thing ever, especially since I HATE to grocery shop. Still, this card is a love/hate card. I was initially approved for $300 (last October) even though I bank with and have a good relationship decent credit limits (4000 +) for other Cap One cards. Now that it has been a year since I opened the Walmart Mastercard, I went ahead and applied for an increase after being rejected multiple times. I got a whopping $100. Since a $300 limit is trash when it comes to large grocery orders, I went ahead and accepted it. I always PIF before it cycles. Hopefully, in 6 months, I will qualify for a decent increase. In all fairness, I haven't been putting as much spend on the card as I should be to ask for a CLI (cap one likes high spend) and won't be spending a lot since we are in Discover Q4 and I am still in my first year. 

So I got $4100 in CLI's which I think is a win! I did however get rejected for CLI on my PPMC I tried for two different amounts $3000 increase and a $2000 increase. Not going to poke the bear anymore. 

Current Cards:

Student Loan Accounts:

Scores as of 7/01/2021:

Inquires as of 7/01/2021:

Average Age of Credit History as of 1/30/2021

* Gardening since 07/01/21. Garden Goal Date is 07/01/23

10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Got a few CLI's

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty good run of CLIs there, enjoy them all Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

$100 cli on Walmart  is like hitting the lotterySmiley Wink. Soak it in cuz thats $100 more than most get lol.

Message 4 of 11
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Niceeee!

Congratulations on the CLI's 

You were reeling them in.

20201004_074426.gif

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your CLI's ..

Message 6 of 11
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI's!!

Message 7 of 11
CreditBloke
Valued Member

True story! 

Current Cards:

Student Loan Accounts:

Scores as of 7/01/2021:

Inquires as of 7/01/2021:

Average Age of Credit History as of 1/30/2021

* Gardening since 07/01/21. Garden Goal Date is 07/01/23

Message 8 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI's!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.