Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got in with Discover Finnaly! Toy limit tho

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got in with Discover Finnaly! Toy limit tho

After 2 previously denied apps (03/30/17, 01/25/16), tried that prequalified website and showed me as prequalified. Not really concerned about the stupid high APR 23.99 I pulled the trigger and Bam! Toy $1000 SL. Being bummed as i was, i went over to my (Penfed) PPC account and requested a cli (if i was going to get a HP from Disco figured id make it an even 2). To my kind surprise went from a $7500 that was my SL to 20K. Needless to say was not so bummed anymore from the Disco toy limit.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got in with Discover Finnaly! Toy limit tho

Congratulations on the approval and that nice limit increase! Discover will grow, it only requires some patience, but it'll get there. Started with the same limit as you have now and I have been slowly been getting some increases so it should work out for you very well specially when they see your other limit. 

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your insight clark👍

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries on the limit! I got in (barely) Dec 2016 with a 1K CL. Today my CL is 11K. 

Welcome to the Disco! 

Message 4 of 18
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval. These others are right, they do grow - even without asking!

Message 5 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! and keep in mind that Discover WILL reduce the APR i believe about every 6 months on request.

Was able to get my own APR down to a better comfort level in a few years after a high one just like yours.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your insight CM, i raely carry a balance so no biggie there. Big contrast to my 10.99 @ penfed tho.lol

Message 7 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous for your insight CM, i raely carry a balance so no biggie there. Big contrast to my 10.99 @ penfed tho.lol

Yes, i understand that and it's mentioned a lot. Still, any effort to lower a towering APR is a useful effort.

These lenders sometimes if not often share info in their own competitive little ways and although i not seen much info laying it out, we can be sure they have their reasons.

And life happens so down the road the lower the better in case of having to cross a statement cut off. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, at least you're in. Dv
Message 9 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats , i went from toys to tots in 1 year, 1200 to 4000 so there are other kinds of grass on the other sideSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.