Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got in with Discover Finnaly! Toy limit tho

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got in with Discover Finnaly! Toy limit tho

thanks all, You do have a point there cm, but with a 1k limit, it's not much to worry about for now

Message 11 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks all, You do have a point there cm, but with a 1k limit, it's not much to worry about for now

Totally agree with you.

Hang in there with them.

They seem to do a whole lot better these days with credit increases then when i first started and maybe not take as long as before.

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congrats! and keep in mind that Discover WILL reduce the APR i believe about every 6 months on request.

Was able to get my own APR down to a better comfort level in a few years after a high one just like yours.

What CM said. The lower APR and the higher CL will come with Discover unlike some other cards.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I like Discover! I have no credit history ever! I was prequalified & proceeded to application last tuesday, (approved for only 750 but higher SL than my 500 SL Visa with BofA ) card was supposed to arrive yesterday but it finally delivered today 7 days to be exact and still no HP in the CRA. Love the customer service and my new Pink Card!
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you as well Cami, they never HP'd me either. Guess we wil both Discover where this card takes us Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice.  Congrats

Message 16 of 18
RootDet
Established Contributor

Congrats on approval.

Discover likes when you spend and pay it off. Maybe dangle a balance here and there, but nothing too long. Discover will grow with you as long as you keep the rest of your credit portfolio improving. In 2011, I started with 1K like you and grew it to 30k this month.  I sat at 25k for probably the last 1-2 years and just grow slowly with $500. Frankly, I did not ask for a cli in some cases for three years. 

Hang in there and watch it grow. Banks are usually way slower than credit unions.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, much more than a "toy limit" isn't really necessary for Discover, as it's a 5% rotating category card.  Anyone using it as a general spend card (non-category) could be doing as well or better with a card like the Citi DC.  That being said, the question then is how much do you really spend on a Discover rotating category per month?  I can't imagine for most that this number is all too significant.  I think it's common for all of us to want to grow our limits and I'd say Discover limits/CLI posts are of the greatest frequency here on myFICO.  I'm just as guilty of the next guy, taking it all personal when I don't get a CLI from Discover after many months of attempts.  When the dust settles and the smoke clears however, I'm only spending a couple hundred bucks per month with Discover on their rotating categories... so a $1000 "toy" limit would be fine for me and my $30k+ limit is next to irrelevant when you think about it.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.