Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got in with Lowes

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Got in with Lowes

I was shopping for house stuff and spent a grip and right now am planning to up my lawn game and get a small tractor. I just need a small one so I am not taking too long to cut. When I got home, I applied for the Lowe's card and got approved for $1000 with an number and security code to use immediately. I selected the option for electric statements and close the site.

Data points:
Rebuilding stage with some later for 2011, 12, 13,
Mortgage late from 14.
No judgements now
Score is at 673
UTIL is at 33%

Have Wally world and Amazon Prime with Synch
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Got in with Lowes

Congrats on your approval!  I would call the overseas Credit Solutions number immediately and ask for $25k.  They will recon!  I was approved for like 4-5k and a quick call made that $17k.

Message 2 of 24
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

you waited to get the card right? 

Message 3 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No, I called less than 5 minutes after getting the approval.  No additional pull will be done.  I just told them I had a lot of home improvement projects coming up and didn't want to max the card out.

Message 4 of 24
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

That sound like a plan for me this week. I looked up some old threads were some did this before and after. Doesnt hurt to try. Lowes actually has stuff in stock when I am there and I spend a lot there on home maintenance.  Thanks K -in-Boston

Message 5 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

K, you could probably get that up to 25k or more now.

Swizz, very nice get your High from your LoweSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 24
elim
Senior Contributor

Love my Lowes card. 5% and I'm getting a lot of 18 month 0 APR offers lately.

Congrats! Get your CLI now.

Message 7 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
K, you could probably get that up to 25k or more now.

Done!  Thanks for reminding me.  I tried it on the website and the page loaded so fast I was sure it was a decline, but I was approved for the full $25k that I asked for.  I may have left some money on the table, but I think I have passed $400k in revolving lines and don't really need a higher Lowe's line just because I might be able to get one.

Blackswizz750, any updates?

Message 8 of 24
iowe
Regular Contributor

Hey K, just curious what is your normal monthly revolving credit uti%?

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 9 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Card is slightly less than 5 months old. Made a few purchases under $100 and PIF, and 1 6mo 0% purchase of about $600, so about 3.5% util now under 1%. Overall util on my reports is 25%, that's down to about 23% now when the new accounts and CLIs post.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.