Did you mean: 

Got it! Amex Platinum with 75k MR, 10x earning, and $300 dining credits

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Got it! Amex Platinum with 75k MR, 10x earning, and $300 dining credits

@mrcraft wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!!

I like the Uber $15 ($20 in December) they credit to Uber Cash.  I just use it when I buy something from Uber Eats.  I think they accumulate, so I think you don't have to use it every month.  There's another $185 per year.

$15 in 11 months = $165

$15 + $20 more than usual = $35 in December

$200 total

I've already added my vanilla Platinum to Uber and have a new $15 after already using the first $15 this month from Schwab...looking forward to $70 next month.

I'd love it if I'm wrong, but last I checked, the credits DO expire at the end of each calendar month.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 21 of 39
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@mrcraft wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!!

I like the Uber $15 ($20 in December) they credit to Uber Cash.  I just use it when I buy something from Uber Eats.  I think they accumulate, so I think you don't have to use it every month.  There's another $185 per year.

$15 in 11 months = $165

$15 + $20 more than usual = $35 in December

$200 total

I've already added my vanilla Platinum to Uber and have a new $15 after already using the first $15 this month from Schwab...looking forward to $70 next month.

I'd love it if I'm wrong, but last I checked, the credits DO expire at the end of each calendar month.

Yeah, I just checked the terms, they do expire.

Message 22 of 39
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  Congrats! 

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I will set up an Uber account and link the card to it. We never use Eats although it is available here. I see 200 good reasons to try it out though Smiley Happy

Thank you @Remedios and @mrcraft Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 39
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

You had me at 10x MR earnings on groceries and gas. Congratulations!!!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 39
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval! That's a heavy card to have in the wallet. I always loved it for the airport lounges when I traveled frequently. It's definitely worth the AF if you use it for all it has to offer...and your SUB is great, too!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really does offer a lot. Long as covid doesn't kill it (and that's a big If), my daughter will be headed to Italy in late spring. We had lunch together today and I was showing her some of the lounges she could kill time in with her AU card while the rest of the kids are in the concourse Smiley Happy 

Message 27 of 39
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It really does offer a lot. Long as covid doesn't kill it (and that's a big If), my daughter will be headed to Italy in late spring. We had lunch together today and I was showing her some of the lounges she could kill time in with her AU card while the rest of the kids are in the concourse Smiley Happy 

If she's going with any of her friends, it might be good to point out which lounges allow 1-2 free guests.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I will. If the trip happens, we'll go through all of the details. She's genuinely interested in credit these days. She's seen what it has allowed us to do, and I have given an "intro to credit" presentation for the seniors at her high school this year and last. They've all been surprisingly interested and attentive. It's great to see it too - it's one of the most important factors of adult life that gets virtually no attention in school. Because of that, and the way I have her use specific AU cards for purchases due to earnings or statement dates, she's seen that paying attention really matters and she's all about earning perks. She can't wait to continue Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 39
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

congrats on the Platinum approval!!

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.