Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my white whale (Amex Gold)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my white whale (Amex Gold)

That's awesome, congrats! 

I started at about 498 last January, and got up to 650 recently. I had two cap one cards for a while, but was just added as an authorized user on my mothers amex gold. I don't use it often but it does look really nice in my wallet Smiley Wink. I hope to be able to get my own soon.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats KJ! Feels like a real accomplishment doesn’t it? I love mine - it’s a great card that can really work well for you. I’ve hit my SUB already (about 6-1/2 weeks is all it took) and the MRs posted within a day. I’m continuing to run the majority of my spend through it now, since the points accrue pretty quickly and I’m looking forward to booking some free airfare to surprise my wife with a getaway soon. Enjoy yours - I bet you’ll love it as much as I do!
Message 12 of 17
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the whale capture, white or gold, you caught him!!!   Smiley Happy    And boy, you said this was the short story version...    🤔    😂

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 13 of 17
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

@HighAchiever wrote:

Congratulations on the whale capture, white or gold, you caught him!!!   Smiley Happy    And boy, you said this was the short story version...    🤔    😂

The long version is CRAZY Smiley Happy

Thanks!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 14 of 17
LOC
Contributor

Congratulations! I am excited for you 

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 15 of 17
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the new Amex !!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 16 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

A belated congrat!

I am really happy you got the approval.

Did you burn Amex or did you end up paying them back.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.