Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got some Disco love today! Woohoo!!!

tag
NextUp2bat
New Contributor

Got some Disco love today! Woohoo!!!

I pulled the lever and applied for the Discover It and was approved for $5000. I was a little disappointed it is so low as I only applied so that I could use it for a BT. The great news is that this card will drop my CU to 28%. Major victory! In hopes to really sweeten SL, I opened a savings account at Discover last and deposited $5k. It looks like they just loaned it back to me. LOL.  I have another Discover IT and have never requested a CLI but after looking at my credit history with them, I just realized that Discover has given me $4400 auto CLI over the last year. I don't want to sound greedy but want to do a BT so when can I request a CLI on the new card?

BTW, after research I was really hoping they pulled TU or EQ as I have no inquiries on those but they pulled EX. I have a 749 FICO Score 8. It made the 5 inquiry  on EX but two are falling off in 9/21 and another 12/21. I would have never applied if I knew they were going to pull EX.

10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got some Disco love today! Woohoo!!!

Grats on your new Disco card Smiley Happy

CLIs are fleeting with Disco, try at 31 days after first statement cut, if denied then 91 days and if still denied its most likely going to be a year before its eligible.

Message 2 of 11
NextUp2bat
New Contributor

Thanks. Not the answer I needed to hear the truth more than my fantasy. LOL. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 11
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Good to hear you got some Disco love. Congratulations!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 11
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 11
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Disco love! Do you have any BT offers with the old card? I have found that the banking side of Discover has no influence whatsoever with the credit side. I have $35k parked in Discover savings, but Discover is still my lowest limit ($3,100). But it's fine, because I really don't use my Discover as much now as my other cards anyway.

Message 7 of 11
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 8 of 11
NextUp2bat
New Contributor

Thanks!!! Oh wow! If that doesn't help you then I know they don't care about my measly $5k. LOL. I shouldn't complain I do have a total of  $16.6k. BOA shorten my last CLI request by $800 and one of the reasons was no other relationship with them so I opened saving accts with them and Discover with the intent of applying for new cards. I'm really happy I did because you can hardly beat the interest and no fee structure that Discover savings offers. My first Discover is at 64% utilization and is one of the cards that I was planning on doing on BT from. I was going to BT my old Disco to BOA and use the new to do a BT from Chase. 

Message 9 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Disco approval 👍🏼

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.