Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great call to Barclays Retention

tag
matthew2115
New Contributor

Great call to Barclays Retention

Called up this weekend to talk about my Aviator Red with Barclays since my annual fee is due this month.  Walked away from the retention call with: 1- Waived annual fee for 1 year, 2- Bonus spend offer for 5k miles on $1k spend in 3 months, and 3- Soft pull CLI taking me from $20k -> $24k.  Really friendly service all along as well!

EX08: 841 | TU08: 841
EQ08 (Bankcard Enhanced) 844 (out of 900)
FAKO TU: 803
Vantage 3.0 - TU: 817 - EQ: 818
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great call to Barclays Retention

Thats amazing. Congrats !!

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Absolutely great story!. Very nice to see a positive interaction with Sir BarclaysSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How could he not have a positive outcome?  Look at those scores. Well done OP. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much spend do you put through the card? By the way, my scores are stuck at 841 also.. I'm trying to figure out how to get it higher.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job on the retention call! Results were well worth your time

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

On mobile so cant see scoresSmiley Wink but 841, i dont think having a 850 is gonna matter as you are already creme of the cropSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
matthew2115
New Contributor

Thanks, all.  I basically put no spend at all through this card.  I got it for the opening bonus back when it was the US Airways card.  They send promotional offers for extra points every now and again, so I've used it for those.  When I closed my Arrival+ I combined the limit into this one.  I called with every intention of closing it out this time, but the rep wasn't about to let it happen!  I'll spend the $1k for the extra miles and then will sock drawer again until another offer comes along.

As for 841 and getting it higher - not really concerned about that.  As another poster said, it doesn't really matter at this point.  Anything over 750 is gravy.  I just PIF every month (autopay on all accounts) - I even let all my balances report.  15+ year history with 100% on-time payments and very high limits (built over a long time) make my scores pretty unassailable.

EX08: 841 | TU08: 841
EQ08 (Bankcard Enhanced) 844 (out of 900)
FAKO TU: 803
Vantage 3.0 - TU: 817 - EQ: 818
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.