Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green, Gold, PRG

tag
rosebud9

Green, Gold, PRG

Hi Everyone,

Considering applying for a PRG card this weekend but I am a little nervous about my app. 730 FICO, 6+ years credit history, nothing bad on my credit report, student loans & a new personal loan from Feb, hard pull from Chase in Sept with approve credit card, Non-profit salary. I travel a lot so I would love to take advantage of the rewards but not at the expense of being denied. I will not be spending 20-30K on annually. Maybe a few grand on travel and basics. Thoughts credit gurus??? Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Green, Gold, PRG

Welcome to the forum! Based on the information you provided, I would go with the PRG if you want to use it for travel.
Message 2 of 18
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Sounds like instant approval. I applied today with 9 inq's in the last year and 3 of those in the last week. Instant approval for PRG!
Message 3 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I would also check the credit cards.com website to see if there are any better sign up bonuses
Message 4 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey rosebud!
Welcome to the forums!
If your EX FICO is similar to your 730 FICO- you are good to go. Are you sure the $175 AF is the right choice for you with only a "few grand" spend planned for the card? Maybe for the first year AF free, but you would need to assess after that. I think instant approval for you. What's your utility like? How many inqs to EX?

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum 

I agree with other PRG seems to fit perfect for travel and your credit profile and scores

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I think that the PRG or even an Amex is not the perfect fit for only a few thousand in spend... Take a look and see if you can find a travel rewards card with no annual fee... Penfed travel rewards card comes to mind
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I think that the PRG or even an Amex is not the perfect fit for only a few thousand in spend... Take a look and see if you can find a travel rewards card with no annual fee... Penfed travel rewards card comes to mind

+1

there are other cards that will suit you much better for the level of spending you're doing.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

If you like the PR Gold, you should wait for an offer for the 50K sign up bonus with first year fee waived.  We may see it pop up in Q4.

Message 9 of 18
rosebud9

Thank you for your encouragement everyone! I applied this morning and was approved! I will definitely review my spending at the end of the year in order to determine if the annual fee is worth it. You are right that other cards might have been travel rewards with not fee, however, I particularly wanted a charge card so this one seemed best.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.