Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GreenState World MC Approval

tag
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

GreenState World MC Approval

I've been a member of GreenState CU (formerly University of Iowa Community CU) since February, and only joined so I could eventually apply for their World Mastercard. It offers 5x on hotels and airlines, 2x on gas, and 1x on everything else, with APR starting at 13.9%. Minimum SL is $10K, which is what I requested when I submitted the application last Thursday. I was contacted by a member service rep, who requested 2 pay stubs for income verification, followed by a DocuSign package. Everything was submitted by Thursday evening.

Yesterday (a week after I applied), I still hadn't received a response from the MSR, so I sent an email requesting a status. She replied this mornign with the following: "I funded the card today. You will receive your new cards within 7-10 business days." I guess that's when I'll discover the APR, since she didn't mention that in her response.

You can find some DPs in this thread about my recent approval for the MSGCU Rewards Visa. GreenState pulled TU, though I'm not sure which scoring model they use. At the time of the pull, TU reported FICO 8 of 771, and I have 18 INQs in the past 24 months.

I'm guessing that @credit_is_crack and I may be the only ones here with this card!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GreenState World MC Approval

Sweet, congrats on getting that card!

Message 2 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 3 of 23
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there

Message 4 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 23
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the kudos - much appreciated!

The field of membership for this CU is fairly restrictive. I snuck in by donating to the Iowa Assoc. for the Education of Young Children, which seems to have been pulled since my application was approved. But I like to provide DPs just in case anyone who IS eligible is considering the card.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@5KRunner wrote:

... I'm guessing that @credit_is_crack and I may be the only ones here with this card!

Not for long! Smiley Wink Congrats! on a sweet approval & thanks for the great DPs. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@5KRunner wrote:

... I'm guessing that @credit_is_crack and I may be the only ones here with this card!

Not for long! Smiley Wink

@Anonymous  .. A True MF'erSmiley LOL

Message 8 of 23
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous  .. A True MF'erSmiley LOL

🤣🤣🤣

I don't think there's any danger of this becoming the new AOD, but it's a very good travel card and would probably appeal to a lot of MF'ers!

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.