Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess who's approved for a CSP?????

tag
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Guess who's approved for a CSP?????

So I wasn't going to apply. I was content with the garden after I got my Chase Freedom and Discover It. I was going to allow my credit scores to rebuild esp. since my age of accounts is less than 9 months now. I know I should have waited until I had the freedom for six months ( I got it 2 weeks ago) or until I opened a checking account with them. All of the advice on this board is spot on and I really wasn't going to apply but I'm working in London for the summer and I really wanted a card that had great benefits without the foreign transaction fees . But I had finals and I was grumpy and I kept seeing all of these success stories and the 40k  points were calling out my name. So I went online and applied and.......... I got the dreaded 7-10 days notice last night Smiley Sad. Then I called the recon number today and "TADA" I'm the newest member of the CSP family Smiley Happy. Thanks for all your help guys. I couldn't have done it without you.      

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Guess who's approved for a CSP?????

What was your limit? What is your report like? utl?
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 21
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

So I wasn't going to apply. I was content with the garden after I got my Chase Freedom and Discover It. I was going to allow my credit scores to rebuild esp. since my age of accounts is less than 9 months now. I know I should have waited until I had the freedom for six months ( I got it 2 weeks ago) or until I opened a checking account with them. All of the advice on this board is spot on and I really wasn't going to apply but I'm working in London for the summer and I really wanted a card that had great benefits without the foreign transaction fees . But I had finals and I was grumpy and I kept seeing all of these success stories and the 40k  points were calling out my name. So I went online and applied and.......... I got the dreaded 7-10 days notice last night Smiley Sad. Then I called the recon number today and "TADA" I'm the newest member of the CSP family Smiley Happy. Thanks for all your help guys. I couldn't have done it without you.      

Wow, I think I will app for the CSP MC version when I get my 3x cli with amex

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 21
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

LMAO.  So many successful apps from the garden sound so similar... BUT, CONGRATS to you!!! lol

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 4 of 21
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:
What was your limit? What is your report like? utl?

3 none chase CC inqs (5 total) in the last 2 years. (1 being the freedom and another being a rental application). Available credit 35k. Util 1%. AAoA 8 months. Oldest little over 2yrs. Income is a little tricky. I'm not sure what they put down. This year I'm making 60k but I have an offer from my law firm for 225k after I pass the bar. During the recon for my Chase i sent the offer letter to them not sure if they used it in the calculations. My CL is the same as my Freedom 5k.

Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 5 of 21
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

LMAO.  So many successful apps from the garden sound so similar... BUT, CONGRATS to you!!! lol

Yeah but the good thing is the only other card I want now is the BCP.  Although it might be a while before I apply for it. I'm going to be living in Europe for a few years and the 6%-3% stuff is only good at US grocery stores and US gas stations.

Message 6 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Yeah but the good thing is the only other card I want now is the BCP.  Although it might be a while before I apply for it. I'm going to be living in Europe for a few years and the 6%-3% stuff is only good at US grocery stores and US gas stations.

Yea but........LMAO!

CONGRATS!!!

Now get to some real gardening!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 21
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

I'm on my way Smiley Happy.

Message 8 of 21
withaspark
Contributor

Congratulations, OP! Based on your signature, looks like you've come a long way--something to be proud of.

Message 9 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.