Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAIL TO THE CHIEF AJC go NAVY

tag
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Re: HAIL TO THE CHIEF AJC go NAVY

@saeren, thank you,  I was a WRECK, there was no talking to me today.   I was laser focused and NAVY was the last box I needed to check, it has been a long and dusty road back from the abyss.  I tempered my expectations.  MyFICO prepared me that if it was a secured card they offered, take it, it will grow. Thanks to MyFICO, I had a plan and I just needed to follow the solid advice that I was given, step, by step, by step.  Second only to MyFICO is the treatment I got from NAVY. I have never felt more valued as a banking customer or customer, period. The CSR was on the phone with me for an hour setting up my online banking and walking me through everything, including the app.  I am grateful to all the men and women who have served our country and for the opportunity to now join the NAVY family. 

PS. I forgot the DPs I jotted down today and wanted to share:

BB&T- The choo-choo train is still chugging along, SP, pre-approval, online app is a snap

Bofa- Totally misled me from day one as far as ONE HP for more than one credit APP.  I may be true  that the same HP is good for 30 days for Personal Apps, but if you do a Biz and personal, it is TWO HPs. I asked before I made the appt, they asked the FSM TWICE they said yes, and then they called the internal analysts TWICE more  before I app'd, and they were ALL wrong.  I am in FL, but this is what the final business analyst confirmed on speaker phone, personal is one HP, business is another, period. 

Bofa personal- EX HP (2-3 days for card to arrive)

Bofa Biz- TU  (5-7 days for card to arrive)

My Biz banker called to get the TU Biz pull disputed and removed since they had told me it was one pull, like 5 times, and the only way to do it was to cancel the card...ahhh no thank you ,now that you have done the pull AND approved me?   So... I had to suck it up, Buttercup and take the TU pull.

Navy- TU pull -$12.00 to expedite card (5-7 days)

BBT- SP- 7-10 days for card to arrive

Putting my gardening gloves on and pouring a little out for my Credit One card, as my one year anniversary is tomorrow, and as they say, never forget who brought you to the dance. 

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep there's a huge difference between being a member of a CU like NFCU and a customer at a bank (although some regional banks like my own bank have excellent customer service too). I will stick with Navy for life most likely. 😊 

Message 12 of 26
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Thank you @allzero, you MyFICO folks have nerves of steel! 

I am still in shock.  I feel like at any moment, the lights and sirens are going to go off and some CRA squad, (dressed in all white, like that Progressive lady in the commercials) will swoop in and snatch these new cards back, so I don't know if I have it in me to go for an EQ pull.  Penfed will go to the top of my wish list;  if they treat me anywhere near as kindly and as well as NAVY, then I may never go for Chase or Citi.   

And yes, I will mark my calendar, for 3/91, keep checking for the AR dates in the NFCU thread as I wait (along with my fellow MF peeps) with baited breath for that ever elusive CLI! 

Message 13 of 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@CreditobsessedinFL wrote:

Thank you @allzero, you MyFICO folks have nerves of steel! 

I am still in shock.  I feel like at any moment, the lights and sirens are going to go off and some CRA squad, (dressed in all white, like that Progressive lady in the commercials) will swoop in and snatch these new cards back, so I don't know if I have it in me to go for an EQ pull.  Penfed will go to the top of my wish list;  if they treat me anywhere near as kindly and as well as NAVY, then I may never go for Chase or Citi.   

And yes, I will mark my calendar, for 3/91, keep checking for the AR dates in the NFCU thread as I wait (along with my fellow MF peeps) with baited breath for that ever elusive CLI! 

I think you're good to go. I don't see any AA in your future.

I think you will enjoy Penfed and it's offerings.

You'll have to figure out your priorities, credit profile, and app strategy with Chase (5/24 rule) and/or CITI.

BB&T, you got a great starting limit. Some members have visited that well more than once, twice, and thrice. It's reasonable to believe in due time, they'll grant you another SP approval with same limit.

Message 14 of 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Pinging @AverageJoesCredit   for you.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is super easy for what it's worth. Make sure you have less than 6 inquiries per bureau in 6 months and you should be good.

Message 16 of 26
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Wow - congrats on all the CC approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 17 of 26
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@CreditobsessedinFL wrote:

Again, I just want to say thank you to all of the MyFICO warriors who are tirelessly posting, giving us DPs so that we can benchmark our odds of approval, giving us solid advice on what to do when, and most importantly, holding the hands of credit neophytes like me, as we try to navigate these treacherous credit seeking waters. There is no question that all roads to NAVY  run through @averagejoescredit. He is much too modest, he has all things NFCU on lock.  Special shout out to @saeren,  for the spot on info on how obtain a DD-214, it was clutch.  I wanted to be prepared, should membership verification be required.   For me, it is better to have and not need, than to need and not haveSmiley Happy.  And wow,  @allzero's virtual support, giving encouragement and providing constant kudos in all  the forums, cheering us on when we are approved and encouraging us to keep our chin up when we aren't, has been very reasurring during the what was for me, at least, a nerve-wracking process. 

Tonight I completed step #3 of the suggested plan after BB& T preapproval online and Bofa in branch apps.  I App'd NAVY over the phone, was approved immediately, set up online banking with the rep, and then app'd  for the 1.5% cash back CC,  and  was instantly approved for at 11.15% after the promo rate of 1.99% . It was one TU pull,  as I got the alerts right away. 

I am so grateful and happy that I found MyFICO, I am going to implement the suggested plans from the forum members for all of my children and I am off to the garden now; it has been a wonderful day. 

You summarized exactly how i feel about this forum as well... It really is a place of selflessness, possibility, positivity and comradery!!

Congratulations on all your recent success! 

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 18 of 26
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Whelp, BofA just did  THIRD pull this morning on EQ, any idea why? Maybe the business rep's escalation of the complaint about the second pull or the survey outlining the HP issues, triggered it for the business side? Now they have hit me across the board on HPs. Thoughts? 

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.