Did you mean: 

HELP please. Wrong card update!

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: HELP please. I accidentally applied for the wrong card

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied to Amex today and was going for the everyday American Express card. But somehow I must have clicked the Box on the cash magnet card and before I could catch it it sent it in. I was approved for a starting line of $5,000 but that's not the card that I want. I wanted the AmEx everyday I called into the rep and she said I could either reapply today or wait till the card comes in the mail and try to change it after it arrives. My question is should I reapply today for the card I want from Amex today or should I wait until I get the cash magnet and then try to change products? I don't want to make it look fraudulent or weird if I apply for two Amex cards in the same day what do you think I should do?

HUCA

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP please. Wrong card update!

Okay so here's an update as to what happened. I called Amex back and talked to another associate she urged me to apply for the other card. I applied for everyday card over the phone I went ahead and did that and was instantly approved for a $2,000 credit line the cash magnet was approved for $5,000 credit line just a few hours apart then I was feeling lucky and applied for the Discover card it was approved for a $7,500 credit line there as well so it's been an AWESOME day! I figure I should stop but I wanna keep going lol. But I think I'm done. My scores updated today after paying down a cap one card. Eq 731 tu 700 exp 723
31% utilization 4yrs 7 months aaoc. BK in 2010. 2 inquiries almost 2 yrs old. No baddies except 2 med collections on TU. Thanks for all the information I have learned alot from these forums!
Message 13 of 18
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay so here's an update as to what happened. I called Amex back and talked to another associate she urged me to apply for the other card. I applied for everyday card over the phone I went ahead and did that and was instantly approved for a $2,000 credit line the cash magnet was approved for $5,000 credit line just a few hours apart then I was feeling lucky and applied for the Discover card it was approved for a $7,500 credit line there as well so it's been an AWESOME day! I figure I should stop but I wanna keep going lol. But I think I'm done. My scores updated today after paying down a cap one card. Eq 731 tu 700 exp 723
31% utilization 4yrs 7 months aaoc. BK in 2010. 2 inquiries almost 2 yrs old. No baddies except 2 med collections on TU. Thanks for all the information I have learned alot from these forums!

Thanks for the update. 2 Amex revolvers and 1 Disco approval

on the same day is quite the haul. Super Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Please keep in mind that you still have an Amex charge card

app in your back pocket within the next 3 months as well.

I'm so thrilled that everything worked out for you. You have good

FICO scores, all in the 700s. Enjoy your new cards! Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 18
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

Congrats and nice little app spree! 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just another quick update. It looks like Discover card and Amex pulled Experian only. Thankfully when I asked for the second card Amex did not do another hard pull.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied within minutes of each other a couple of weeks ago, I was approved for the everyday and the Cm card. I read somewhere that you just have to app in a different browser which I did, and was approved. Good luck and keep us posted on your results!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.