Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY PENFED APPROVAL!! Just under 7 months post ch7 bk

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOLY PENFED APPROVAL!! Just under 7 months post ch7 bk

Hey guys! I couldn't wait to share the news! I'm just under 7 months post chapter 7 bk discharged 3/11/2020. You guys have been the difference in streamlining everything I've done to get where I am. You can get all the details of what I have been doing from my rebuild thread here, https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/UPDATE-A-few-questions-to-kick-start-my-rebuild/td-p/608...

In all honesty, I hadn't planned on applying for anything until the 1-year mark because I did NOT want any denials post bk. But, but, but, my EQ 9 hit 725 today, and knowing that's what they would pull I just could not resist with all the PENFED love people have been getting the past few months. 

I only have a savings account with them and have been a member since 7/27/2020. I have had a good bit of money sitting in the savings account since opening it but don't know if that matters or not. 

I applied just a little bit ago and got an instant approval for $7,500 @16.99%. I am tickled pink lol. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 8.55.15 PM.png

I guess I'll be opening up a checking account tomorrow since the 2% cashback on everything is what i wanted this card for! Now to sit and wait until I'm 1+ year post bk. NFCU secured should be graduating in a few months Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: HOLY PENFED APPROVAL!! Just under 7 months post ch7 bk

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PenFed approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Penfed Approval..

Message 4 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new PCR card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! Rebuilding nicely!!! 
Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval post BK! I think PenFed is an awesome institution who gave me a very similar chance when I was post BK13. Enjoy your new card when it arrives!
Message 8 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
Congrats on the approval post BK! I think PenFed is an awesome institution who gave me a very similar chance when I was post BK13. Enjoy your new card when it arrives!

Awesome job OP, thats a monster limit post bk! This PF i can grow to loveSmiley Happy Maybe 7 days away from amorSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys! I'm super grateful you all introduced me to Navy and PenFed. Looking forward to nice long relationships with both. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.