Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP from HSN Pre-approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HP from HSN Pre-approval

Accepted a preapproval for HSN using last 4 of my social yesterday. Woke up this morning to an HP inquiry alert from CK for HSN.

Is it possible to request HSN remove the inquiry? Lost 6 pts.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HP from HSN Pre-approval

I think you're just going to have to live with the HP. 

Message 2 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

You can always ask but doubtful.

Did you get the storecard or the bankcard

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always assume you'll get an HP even if others didn't. No point in stressing over it. After 6 months it's dinging you less and after a total of 12 months it has no scoring value at all.
Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No, you solicited credit, whether it could have been sp but became hp always a possibilty.
Message 5 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Requesting for a new account for credit from lenders allows permission to HP a credit report(s).

You can always call and ask but the likely outcome almost always remains the same.

Advice is approach your plans more strategically. Fairly new profiles get dinged immediately usually around 6 points from a HP but as you march along making payments with the usage of current cards, adding more time and history develops (obviously) until you reach a beakpoint in your profile where the cost drops to 3 instead of 6.

You took a chance. We all do. Sometimes a lender won't HP for a CLI for one but will for another.

Hope that helps.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.