cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC CLI (So, apparently they do give CLI..LOL)

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

HSBC CLI (So, apparently they do give CLI..LOL)

Feeling bored this morning.. so I ended up playing with my HSBC CC account online. Never even used the crappy rewards card that I have! One reason is that it seemed so difficult to make a payment, I just didn’t even want to bother with it!  The other reason is its crappy $1500 SL that it had.   Somehow I managed to find how to request a CLI! SP CLI went from $1500 to $2500.Meh. I’ll take it just because...LOL

Oh well.   Figured out how to add a bank account so I can make a payment too! Smiley Happy

Datapoints: Card opened 10/2017. Never even used once, period. 

No AF, so n point closing it. I’ll have to try to figure out the CLI schedule on this card.. maybe I can get it to $10K in 5 years or so

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC CLI (So, apparently they do give CLI..LOL)

Congrats.

You sure it was SP though ?

The website states that they may pull a report and I think they pull EQ and soft EX

Thanks,

Message 2 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

They were on ice.. had to be SP

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 9
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for responding but still that doesn't detemine for sure whether the bank attempts a HP first and if unable, uses the information on file instead to determine eligibelity.

I haven't found a single data points on HSBC CLI except with frozen reports.

Message 4 of 9
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I opened my HSBC card Nov 2017.  My first card with them. Applied for an increase April 2018. They pulled my Equifax. Denied. Cited length of time card has been open is less than 1 yr. 

I called in to do the request. I did not do it online. 

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, an increase is an increase Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

fltireguy ... grats on your CLI and setting up bank linkages for payment! Nothing more frustrating than having to fool around with an inept web site. As an aside, I had an HSBC Cash Rewards Platinum MasterCard $7.5 CL with 13.9% variable and an HSBC American Express Card $10K CL with 7.9% fixed Apr. HSBC was great to work with for me and my credit was weak at best. CLIs grew to the ones I showed fairly quickly. Unfortunately, they dumped me to Cap1 and I closed them out (no Cap1 here). Hope you can live long enough to reach $10K CL and a decent Apr Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 9
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

I too have been unhappy with my sub par limits and pondering cli requests on both my cards. Being I take most CSR replies like a grain of salt, I asked via chat three times, different days/hours, and was told a cli request WILL result in a hard pull.

Whether true or not, not worth a hard pull to me. If i'm doing a hard pull, I want it to be worth my while with a decent bank.

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 8 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Benzman wrote:

I too have been unhappy with my sub par limits and pondering cli requests on both my cards. Being I take most CSR replies like a grain of salt, I asked via chat three times, different days/hours, and was told a cli request WILL result in a hard pull.

Whether true or not, not worth a hard pull to me. If i'm doing a hard pull, I want it to be worth my while with a decent bank.

I got my Rewards MC in Nov. with only a $2500 CL. I waited until the 4th statement cut and requested a CLI online, it was a HP on EQ. Letter came 2 weeks or so later, citing just my BK, which was in 2010 and on my report when they approved me for the card!  Mine came with a $150 SUB and 2% rewards for the first 6 months, so I used it. You can redeem rewards as statement credit only in $25 increments, after cashing out my SUB I reached $25 in rewards in April and cashed out and sock drawered it. I'll call and close it one of these days, I'd rather have a Closed by Consumer than Credit Granter.

Their website is atrocious, as it their whole security & approval process. I'm fond of bank account SUBs and they currently have a $200 SUB for only $1500 deposit & no direct deposit requirement, but not worth it to go through their security & approval process and deal with their website again for me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.