Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Cash Rewards CLI upon approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Cash Rewards CLI upon approval?

Out of boredom I applied for an HSBC Cash Rewards MasterCard tonight and was approved. Never had a relationship with this bank before so I thought that was kind of cool. Sadly though the credit line is only a paltry $1,745. That’s lower than any of my other credit cards. Has anyone had success requesting a CLI immediately upon approval? Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC Cash Rewards CLI upon approval?

1745. Where do they come up with these numbers? - LOL

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I upped my limit on approval slightly, no hard pull.

I ended up closing the card though as the app/website is beyond awful, at least it was when I used it.
Message 3 of 8
dwayne4607
Valued Member

@Milb, how did you contact HSBC for the CLI request?  Was it a recon line?  I just added an HSBC Gold MC for the 18 month 0% APR on purchases and transfers, and they started me with a whopping $500.  Hard to do much with that.  

Message 4 of 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I requested CLI on both of my HSBC cards @ 6 months. They were so, and they gave me $1k on each card.

I hit the CLI link on the website
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 8
dwayne4607
Valued Member

@fltireguy--Thanks for the info, but I'm hoping to use the same HP that was already done for the account opening.  If I wait too long, it will for sure be another HP,  and I've got too many of those.  

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval !!!

Message 7 of 8
dwayne4607
Valued Member

@VoltronM, thank you!  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.