Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Cash Rewards MC -- $5,000!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

HSBC Cash Rewards MC -- $5,000!!!

Hi All,

I've been eyeballing the HSBC Cash Rewards MC for its 3% (up to $10k) offer and after reading a few posts of approvals I decided to take a stab at it. 

SL: $5,000

APR: 18.99%

Accounts < 6mo: 4

Accounts < 12mo: 9 (been a nice busy year!)

App: Instant Online Approval

Pull: EQ, not sure if F8 (768) or F9 (790)

They're are definitely not account/inquiry sensitive, but looks like you'll pay for it in the APR. I'm also going to wait until the card arrives and hit them up for a CLI Smiley LOL I've seen some posts about a few extra SP bucks being tossed your way and I'm not getting left behind! 

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 11.23.32 PM.png

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC Cash Rewards MC -- $5,000!!!

Congrats @credit_is_crack on your instant approval with HSBC.  Far and few between with them.  SL are all over the place with them as well and a fairly conservative lender initially, but that card should grow nicely with time.

Would be a HP on EQ I believe and they soft pull Exp.  Wonder why some people go through a nightmare verification process 10-30 days and some get instant approvals.  Rarely anyone gets turned down it is just have much pain a person must go through to obtain this card.  In which case yours was no pain at all

Message 2 of 29
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks @CreditCuriosity! I have an online checking account with them so when I applied it prompted me to log in and imported all my info. It just pretty much asked me to verify my info and it went right thru. 

I'm pretty sure if I didn't have the account they'd be asking me what I ate for my first solid food and the brand of spoon used to feed it to me Smiley Very Happy I'm sure I can get it up there over time, but it's pretty much replacing my Limitless until I hit that $10k mark, which won't take long at all, but it's still a free $300

Message 3 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

ah checking account explains the ease of verification most likely for you Smiley Happy.  

Message 4 of 29
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack nice instant approval with hsbc! I knew you would nail this one eventually😁 That’s actually a nice SL considering they are known to hand out $1-2k most often than not. But we have seen a few instant approvals recently so that’s what made me app.

As for SP cli, they definitely can be had I believe @M_Smart07 could chime in more detailed about it and just had a nice increase awhile back. I think there has to be certain “verbiage” on the site to know if it can be had.
Again big congrats on pulling in this prize! 😎
Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Thanks @CreditCuriosity! I have an online checking account with them so when I applied it prompted me to log in and imported all my info. It just pretty much asked me to verify my info and it went right thru. 

I'm pretty sure if I didn't have the account they'd be asking me what I ate for my first solid food and the brand of spoon used to feed it to me Smiley Very Happy I'm sure I can get it up there over time, but it's pretty much replacing my Limitless until I hit that $10k mark, which won't take long at all, but it's still a free $300

@credit_is_crack  .. Congrats, I am quite surprised as to only $5K, especially since you are a banking customer.

I had the hard pull verbiage for a long time. you can get a HP increase I think at 6 or 9 months (I can't remember)

expect $2k CLI for a HP. They must have looked at your other limits and said will be SD after the SUB introSmiley Very Happy

UW must have the attitude "Too Much Credit" HA!   .. have no idea what they are smoking .. must be good stuffSmiley LOL

They pull EQ in CA for new app's. may be EX where you live?.

"all in all, you're just another brick in the wall"

Message 6 of 29
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

h5EsI5Y.gif

Message 7 of 29
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:
@credit_is_crack nice instant approval with hsbc! I knew you would nail this one eventually😁 That’s actually a nice SL considering they are known to hand out $1-2k most often than not. But we have seen a few instant approvals recently so that’s what made me app.

As for SP cli, they definitely can be had I believe @M_Smart07 could chime in more detailed about it and just had a nice increase awhile back. I think there has to be certain “verbiage” on the site to know if it can be had.
Again big congrats on pulling in this prize! 😎

Thanks Bruised! I was pleased that it took all of 5 seconds to approve and they didn't hammer me with the APR lol I think I'm at a point where I dont necessarily need big SL from anyone, I'm just glad to add them to the lineup, but make no mistake I'll be mashing that luv button the minute it appears Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL

Message 8 of 29
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@credit_is_crack  .. Congrats, I am quite surprised as to only $5K, especially since you are a banking customer.

I had the hard pull verbiage for a long time. you can get a HP increase I think at 6 or 9 months (I can't remember)

expect $2k CLI for a HP. They must have looked at your other limits and said will be SD after the SUB introSmiley Very Happy

UW must have the attitude "Too Much Credit" HA!   .. have no idea what they are smoking .. must be good stuffSmiley LOL

They pull EQ in CA for new app's. may be EX where you live?.

"all in all, you're just another brick in the wall"

Thanks @M-Smart007! You know I don't know much about HSBC and wasn't exactly sure what to expect from them, but I'll take it! As far as being a banking customers, it's had $15 and that's it Smiley LOL there's just enough to say "he's a customer, maybe toss him a bone" Smiley Tongue I was thinking the same about EX - I ALWAYS get an instant alert for TU and EQ pulls, but when I don't it's 99% of the time an EX pull. I'll update my post once I get confirmation 

Message 9 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol i was like deja vu when i saw 5kSmiley Wink Big grats mon amiSmiley Happy

I actually really like the look of these cards. Getting instant approvsl had to feel greatSmiley Happy Enjoy CIC Music FactorySmiley Wink
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.