Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard with SL $45K

tag
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard with SL $45K

So a few months ago, I set up a checking account with HSBC Premier. I like new checking offers with $$$ promos. Previously tried the HSBC pre-qual for cards and would get consistent offers for Gold and Cash Rewards but nothing better. 

Ends Sept 30, 2020 - Here is the $600 promo - https://www.us.hsbc.com/checking-accounts/campaigns/premier-offer/?irgwc=1&cid=AFF0000074&irid=5ea3c...

So, four months had gone by and I have consistently direct deposited with them. Logged in to online banking about 10 days ago and had an invite on the left side for the World Elite, and applied. Approved instantly but did not show a limit. Card arrived Saturday. (Highest limit on Personal Card $45K).

DPs: Equifax Fico 8 - 721, Inquiries: 4/12, New Accounts: 4/12, One derogatory from 2013. 

Has $395 annual fee but the 50K points offer, $ 100 credit for Uber/Lyft, $ 100 Credit for Global Entry/PreCheck, No FTF, and access to 1000+ airport lounges is worth the AF to me. The 50K points are worth about $750 in airfare credit. The card itself is a hefty piece of metal, very slick, and probably useful self-defense device. Used it twice so far with nice compliments. It is a very heavy card, heavier than the AMEX Platinum, for sure. Best labor day in decades !

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard with SL $45K

Now were talking ...Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 2 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 32
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@waqaszm1  Ah Lawdy that's shocking....did you fall out your chair?  I sure as h3ll would have.  That's awesome 45,000 times!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 32
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Now that's a DYNAMITE approval!! Congrats to you!! 👏🏻 

If that was Cap One, might be $10k next year. 😂 

Message 5 of 32
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your HSBC Premier approval and awesome SL!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 32
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

tbh, It has been my experience that building a relationship with a bank prior to applying for credit products often yields a better result. This approach has worked for me consistently. I used the same approach with PNC, US Bank, and Suntrust. All 3 of them are harder nuts to crack. If you search google, all 3 consistently have new checking offers. I do not like wasting inquiries so I try to have my details in their system prior to apping. Alot of times, you will get a pre-approval or invite for a credit product without having to do a cold app with 2 to 3 months. 

Setting up a checking/savings account gets your info into the bank's system for a soft pull; and a hard on chexsystems which i do not care about. Same was the case with BMO Harris, - out of my geo region for direct card app but no issue, $ 200 promo on new checking, great - 2 months later apped and approved an hour later on the phone. 

Message 7 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Just one thought on BMO, I have a checking acct. and a few of their CC's.

But I still have to apply over the phone, or I get denied for being out of their intended footprint.

I am on the West Coast.

Message 8 of 32
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Just one thought on BMO, I have a checking acct. and a few of their CC's.

But I still have to apply over the phone, or I get denied for being out of their intended footprint.

I am on the West Coast.

Yes, you are correct. I deliberately froze EQ/TRN/EXP before applying for the credit card online. Received a phone call from a very nice lady about an hour later about the frozen reports, and pending app. Asked her which one they needed, unfroze Transunion, five mintes on hold and Approved ! - 

Message 9 of 32
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Once you're HSBC Premier Client... they give out huge SL on the cards... 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.