Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSN Shopping Cart trick

tag
daninbath
Established Member

HSN Shopping Cart trick

I saw HSN on the list of Shopping Cart trick stores and decided to give it a try shortly before the holidays.  I found something I liked, started the checkout process and BAM, the pop up window appeared and I was approved  for $2,000.  Plus I got $20 off my first purchase.  (a $79 item).   After the item arrived about 10 days later I saw it was selling for $59, so I called and the outstandind friendly customer service at HSN eagerly credited me the difference. 

Not sure how much I'll use the card as I find their prices kinda high, but $2000 of new credit without a HP is really sweet!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSN Shopping Cart trick

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Congrats!! Thats nice of them was it the HSN MC?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Hey OP. Nice!

I have had great luck with up to 5 preapprovals like that with limits ranging from 500 - 1000 between comenity & gecrb, but yet to reel in an HSN. I like their variety much better then my ShopHQ and why i been occasionally revisiting HSN to see if i get lucky with them. lol

Congrats on really nice soft approval!
Message 4 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Message 6 of 9
daninbath
Established Member

"Congrats!! Thats nice of them was it the HSN MC?"

No it was their regular card, which is fine.  I was just shocked at the CL.  I think my EQ is 738.

Message 7 of 9
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Congrats

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 8 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.