Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE JCrew Increase $300x14

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HUGE JCrew Increase $300x14

decided to try for a j crew increase.    bam $300 increase.   logged off and logged back in  bam another $300    total of 14 $300 increases   went from $4450-$8650.  will help with my utilization go under 10%.   

overstock gave me 2 $300 increases to up my CL to $1250.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: HUGE JCrew Increase $300x14

There's absolutely no doubt now. That JCrew spinning wheel is Red HOT! Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

decided to try for a j crew increase.    bam $300 increase.   logged off and logged back in  bam another $300    total of 14 $300 increases   went from $4450-$8650.  will help with my utilization go under 10%.   

overstock gave me 2 $300 increases to up my CL to $1250.

This seems obvious but I will ask anyway. Is the increase request always a SP? 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had the card?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah ive been wanting to verify that too, because when i go to request a cli from them i have to click a check mark that allows them to review my credit report, so i dont know if that means it will be a hard pull. also ive had the card for about 3 years and the funny thing is i had the express card for about a year longer and for about 4 and half years ive had the express card they still havent raised my credit limit past the original 150 dollars.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah ive been wanting to verify that too, because when i go to request a cli from them i have to click a check mark that allows them to review my credit report, so i dont know if that means it will be a hard pull. also ive had the card for about 3 years and the funny thing is i had the express card for about a year longer and for about 4 and half years ive had the express card they still havent raised my credit limit past the original 150 dollars.

Im stuck at $250 for CL. Have had the card for almost 2 years. Ive tried CLI in the past but gave up since I dont plan on relying on store cards for much longer anyway. But, still curious if request is a SP. 

Message 6 of 14
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLIs. Mine has grown similarly in under a year, all with SPs

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

funny thing is i remember when i first got my jcrew card in like 2014 i had only had it for 4 months with a starting limit of 200 dollars, it was the begining of december and i decided to try for a cli, so the system gives me a unfortunately we are unable to approve you for a cli, however i check my account and my credit limit was suddenly 850 dollars. i still even got the 7-10 notice in my email and got the letter still all saying denied but the credit limit changed and stayed...

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Im stuck at $250 for CL. Have had the card for almost 2 years. Ive tried CLI in the past but gave up since I dont plan on relying on store cards for much longer anyway. But, still curious if request is a SP. 

It's a YMMV kind of thing.  Some have gotten HPs, some it's been SPs.  In the 2 years I've had the card, I've been fortunate to not get a HP when requesting a CLI.  I'm sorry that the card has not grown for you.  I started off at $350 in 2015 and it is now at $21k.  There is never any rhyme or reason why some cards grow and some don't.  Comenity cards are usually on a 31-32 day rotation and some months will only allow one increase, while other months allow multiple increases. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.