Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handful of Approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Handful of Approvals!

So this is by far a very long overdue post, but thought I'd share! Ever since coming clean with my baddies, I decided to really take a step forth and get my credit in order. A majority of these approvals pulled EX which was between 750-787 at the time. Prior to a lot of these applications, I only had four credit cards (AU on one, Nordstrom, Capital One, and JetBlue).

American Express Everyday - $2,000 SL (Originally rejected in April, checked pre-approvals four weeks later and approved)

American Express PRG - N/A SL

Chase Hyatt (outside of 5/24) - $5,000 SL

PenFed Rewards - Rejected (Too many INQs / Accounts)

William Sonoma - $1,000 SL

Amazon Prime Store Card - $1,800

SL Blispay - $2,000 SL

Bank of American CR (Secured) - $300.00 (Hope early graduation)

Citi Double Cash - Rejected (frozen report)

So if that isn't already one heck of a spree, I was checking my Nordstrom Visa (Upgraded less than 6 months ago) and saw they bumped my CL up to $10,600 (from $5,600)! Making it my first card over the $10,000 threshold! Overall very happy with my portfolio and really eager to get my AAOA up. Next year I have my eyes set on a few major cards / mortgage possibly.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Handful of Approvals!

Congrats on you approvals.  You Transunion score must be much lower to only get 300 dollar Bank of America Secured. Not even the 99/500 card.  

Message 2 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

WoooWeeeee

You might need to let some dust settle awhile Smiley Very Happy

It's been awhile since i read a spree post that reeled in on the order of this. I'm sure they're around.

If it was me i would have let Citicards HP for a chance at one of their cards too. Those 6 month SP CLI's are a major help to any credit profile and not so far after an approval they sometimes keep a door open for another one.

So, Congratulations on sharing your spree results with us. Some nice roots to let grow.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your TU and EQ scores? 

Congratulations on your spree approvals!

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Willy WonkaSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust me I debated it when I called in and spoke to recon. Decided to not, just because of the fact that I didn't really need the card. Yeah the Nordstrom CLI was unexpected as I just recently got the Visa (less than 6 months?) which is shocking to see, but I did just make a large payment on it paying off the entire balance. For those asking my EQ/TU scores; As of last week my TU score was 718 and EQ is 743. BoA pulled EX for my report, and they pulled 763. Just think it was something with the recent accounts and limited credit history besides my AU/Nord.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all your approvals especially your first 10K cli! 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you definitely have different information on your credit reports as you have nearly a 50 point variance between your top score and bottom score?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It sounds like you definitely have different information on your credit reports as you have nearly a 50 point variance between your top score and bottom score?

The TU score is FAKO at the moment. Don't have any cards that provide TU Fico's. EQ is right in line with my current EX (8 point difference). 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.