Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hapy Days!! time to garden!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hapy Days!! time to garden!

Three years post bankruptcy. Started with the junk orchard bank(300) and credit one(500) rebuilders. 6mo later got two cap1 in the credit steps program which was surprising since they were included in my bankruptcy. Got a Macys and 1k. January this year got a new Dodge Journey and got the 1.9 promo financing from ally. March bought a new Jeep Wrangler at 5.9 through WF. Scores were sitting in the 660-670. Over the last week I've added a few.

MidFlorida Visa - 1k

Jared - 2k

Kohls - 1k

Then following the posts here I contacted Cap1 EO via email. Got a nice guy on the phone. One card was at $1250, the other at $750. Explained my credit has gotten better, no over limits, and always paid on time. Both cards were at 9%util. Asked for increases to 3k and 2k. Also asked rewards for the 3k card. Got a call back this morning. Cards increased to 2k and 1.5k. Rewards added to 2k card. Told me to call him in 6mo to see if there is more he can do. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at right now. The MidFlorida is my banking institution and I know it will grow with me. I'm sure I'm blacklisted from GEMB as I included three of their cards in bankruptcy. Going to garden till May. Will probably try to increase my Cap1 and MidFlorida then. Since the Orchard and Credit One cards had annual fees I called today and cancelled them. Felt really good!!I All cards I have now have no fee! My rundown is this:

Capital One - 2k

Capital One - 1.5k

Jared - 2k

MidFlorida - 1k

Kohls - 1k

Macy - 1k

I'll garden till May and then see how to procede. I know BOA, Citi, AMEX, and  Discover are out. I'll keep my util down, it's appx 8% right now. I'm figuring my EQ will be at or just over 700 by then.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hapy Days!! time to garden!

Super Congrats!!!

However I think you probably could get GE.

Message 2 of 17
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Lookin' good!

Bravo for your patient and disciplined approach to rebuilding!

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I've seen a few threads where those that had GE cards IIB were able to get them back. I'm just nervous to pull the trigger. I would use a wal-mart card solely for the gas discount. I buy most my gas there anyways so that's all it would get used for.

Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I've seen a few threads where those that had GE cards IIB were able to get them back. I'm just nervous to pull the trigger. I would use a wal-mart card solely for the gas discount. I buy most my gas there anyways so that's all it would get used for.

Id go for it since you got the new cars, so unless trying for mortgage in next year I would pull trigger and risk it, 1 inq won't hurt, and once in with 1 GE you are set for all in the near future or even right away in about 3-6 GE new accounts per 6 months... at least in my experience starting in nov. 2011 through june 2012

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Got the 7-10 day message so it's a no go I'm sure.

Message 6 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Got the 7-10 day message so it's a no go I'm sure.

Did you get verification questions asked?

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope... It's no biggie really....

Message 8 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope... It's no biggie really....

If no verify questions in my experience that is declined... But don't let this discourage you to wait 7 or what ever years for BK to drop off and try again... I had GE in bk 13 but didn't finish the bk so GE started to try to get payments, I was declined for anything GE then I settled the bad GE and as soon as it reported $0 and settled I was able to get approved for new card, same with Capital One and then also car Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats, that's great!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.